A R Rahman  » Music  »
  • He is one of the best musicians from India
  • Slumdog Millionaire made him a face known all over the world, but, I think, he has given better music than Slumdog Millionaire in several films and albums here in India

• by Lex

A R Rahman bagged two Oscars this year for his music in Slumdog Millionaire. He is one of the best musicians from India. I am listening to Rahman’s music since my childhood and have a full collection of his recording in my computer and ipod.

He is the best because of his touch and understanding of the music. Slumdog Millionaire made him a face known all over the world, but,

I think, he has given better music than Slumdog Millionaire in several films and albums here in India.

His skills lie in his skill to use instrument differently. It is hard to understand what he has used and so it sometimes becomes harder to replicate.

Every time I listen to his music it gives a new sense of positivism inside me. That is the power of his masterly music.

For ...

• me the best music that Rahman has ever given in his album Bande Mataram and the movie Dil Se. in these two collections his use of strokes is so immaculate that one will spellbound if he has to listen the music in deep thought.

I am also a fan of Singer Rahman. Though he has sung very little number of songs, but whenever he did it, it creates a magic.

His best song as a singer for me is the title song of Dil se. it seems that he chose a song in which he will sing in accordance with the difficulty of the tone and the pitch of the song.

As his song have some complex pitches. I think Rahman is the best musician not only in India but in the whole of the Asia.

In India, he is rightly known as the Mozart of Chennai.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 142703646880731/k2311a0327/3.27.09