Days Inn San Antonio  » Hotels  »
1.0
4039 E Houston St San Antonio, TX, 78220
  • The hotel is located in a very non-convenient area that is hard to pull into and difficult to pull out of
  • Upon entering this hotel, I noticed how antiquated it looked and the smell that accompanied the aging decor
  • The room size was alright, but I really did not have all that much space in the closet to hang my clothes or in the shower to wash the way that I like
  • That is likely why there is such a heavy traffic problem in the area
  • The staff service was borderline okay and sometimes very negligent, the food and Internet service was pretty good, the room could have definitely been cleaner and larger, and the hotel is in need of some definite renovation work

• by NextGenFan

I will not be staying at this hotel again. I stayed once, and that was really quite enough! The hotel is located in a very non-convenient area that is hard to pull into and difficult to pull out of. There is a heavy amount of traffic in the area and the people that are behind the wheel just do not want to slow down or give a person a break! It is terrible! Upon entering this hotel, I noticed how antiquated it looked and the smell that accompanied the aging decor.

Check-up was slow because it took awhile for someone to even come to the front desk and then that person took their good old time locating my reservation. The door to my room did not close very well and inside my room, I

was welcomed by some dust and dirt.

It was not enough to make me call up the front desk and demand someone come up and clean the room, but it was noticeable and it caused me to look in other areas too to see if there was dirt or dust there as well. The room size was alright, but I really did not have all that much space in the closet to hang my clothes or in the shower to wash the way that I like.

I also had trouble getting consistent hot water out of the shower head. It seemed to be little more up to chance if I could get hot water or just moderately warm water.

I had sufficient counter space around the sink to set stuff, so at least I ...

• did not have to go back and forth to and from my suitcase. I did notice several instances of noise that kept occurring outside the hotel, in the hallway and in the surrounding rooms.

This made it difficult for me to concentrate and work on my laptop as well as sleep. The bed was a little on the lumpy side, but it was not too too bad.

The hotel did excel when it came to the complimentary Internet service as that proved to be dependable and consistently fast. The complimentary breakfast meal also was not all that bad as the cereal was good, fruit fresh and donuts tasty.

Getting in and out of the hotel was difficult though because of the somewhat awkward parking arrangement and the traffic on the road, and I admit

to some bouts of frustration and aggravation. The hotel is not as conveniently located to stores, restaurants and places of interest as I would have liked, although downtown is only about three miles.

That is likely why there is such a heavy traffic problem in the area. At under fifty dollars a night, the hotel might seem like a bargain, but really, I did not find my stay to be all that memorable.

The staff service was borderline okay and sometimes very negligent, the food and Internet service was pretty good, the room could have definitely been cleaner and larger, and the hotel is in need of some definite renovation work. Plus, parking and getting in and out of the hotel can be a real pain in the neck, that is for darn sure!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22703646750631/k2311a0327/3.27.09