The Shack book
1.5
  • The story itself is interesting enough, I guess, but Young didn't bring the story alive for me

• by tdaother

William Young’s The Shack was quite a disappointment, especially after hearing all of the hype surrounding this story. It chronicles a father losing his faith after the horrifying death of his daughter and the subsequent confrontation by God about the loss of his faith.

Laying

aside all the theology, this book is a bore to read. It’s slow, and Young reads like a high school creative writing student with prose that is quite awkward and stiff.

Young’s similies alone were enought to make me put down this book more than once. In fact, it has never taken me as long to get through a book as it took me with The Shack.

It seems like Young is trying way too hard to be thought-provoking, original, and emotional. He’s too on ...

• The Shack book
      the nose, and he’s bashing readers over the head with his stiff theological ideas. The story itself is interesting enough, I guess, but Young didn’t bring the story alive for me. I didn’t care what happened to Mack, I just wanted the bok
      to finally be over. He didn’t make me care about these characters. I felt like the authoer was more intent on force-feeding me spoonfuls of his own faith than telling a story that could have brought much to the table in Christian literature.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172703646720631/k2311a0327/3.27.09