Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott book
  • I would recommend this book to anyone, even if they are not a religious person

• by tdaother

I first saw Anne Lamott on a TV talkshow, wiht her dread locks and warm personality, I put this book on that mile long list in my head of books to get and, eventually, read. It was quite some time after, I was getting books to take withme on

a trip that Traveling Mercies became the perfectly timed book for me to read.

Anne Lamott writes like she’s talking to you as a friend. I would recommend this book to anyone, even if they are not a religious person. For me, it spanned beyond religion, and became a ...

• book about life. It came into my life at a time when my mother was having cancer surgery, so perfectly timed.

This is a story about Anne’s journey while finding her faith, becoming a moter, dealing with very large problems and passing her quirky wisdom onto us, the

reader.

Traveling Mercies is without a doubt one of the most enjoyable, quick reads I’ve had in a while. Her humor and uncanny descriptors make this book one that will keep you smiling, laughing, and thinking. She is a brilliant storyteller and someone who has truly found her gift.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172603646710431/k2311a0326/3.26.09