Milani Minerals Blush (Luminous)  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • Having tried and tested this product, I think I'll save my moolah and give NARS Orgasm a miss if the colour is about the same

• by Willowisp

Colour : Luminous Price in Singapore : SGD 19.90 (John Little) On internet : USD 3-5

Milani minerals blush in Luminous is touted by many as the drugstore dupe for NARS orgasm. As to whether this is a really good dupe of the infamous NARS blush, I can’t really say as NARS is not available in my country.

Packaging 3/5 The container has 2 flip levels, one for the blush and the other housing

the brush and a mirror at the bottom. I guess this is what makes the product less bulky, which is a good thing. The bad news is the plastic casing is very cheap looking and flimsy. I do not like it at all, but considering the price , I have nothing much to complain about I guess.

Brush 2.5/5 I don’t really like the blush. It’s a round brush and flat. It is difficult to hold and control, or it could just be me. Bristles are not very soft, in fact I find them scratchy and picks up too much powder.

Texture 2.5/5 Texture is a little coarse compared to the Revlon Powder Blushes, sweeping your brush across the surface will loosen up little grits of powder, which you don’t find in the Estee Lauder or Revlon blushes. Doesn’t blend as finely or as naturally as ...

• Milani Minerals Blush (Luminous)
      I would like it too, but I have to keep reminding myself of the price!

Colour payoff 4/5 Colour payoff is very good. Thus, use a light hand when using this blush. It is very easy to overdo. I find that generally 1 sweep on the cheeks is enough to get the intensity I want.

For LUMINOUS, the colour appears as a pinky-peach (more pink than peach) on my skin, with gold highlights.

Personally I find the gold glitters to be a little over the top, but some people actually like it, saying it gives more highlight and definition to the cheeks.

Lasting power : 1/5 Pretty much BLAH. Doesn’t last 3 hours. By the end of the day hardly any blush is left on the cheeks.

Having tried and tested this product, I think I’ll save my moolah and give NARS Orgasm a miss if the colour is about the same.

Would I repurchase : Most probably not.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312603646340431/k2311a0326/3.26.09