Zipcar car rental NYC
New York City
  • I got rid of it because it just wasn't cost effective paying for insurance and parking every month just so I could have the possibility of driving on the weekends
  • I have never had a problem with Zipcar's customer service when I have needed to extend a reservation, change a reservation or report that a car I had just rented smelled like a cat had been in it
  • My boyfriend and I like zipcar to get out of the city from time to time without having to get on a train or plane

• by siouxmix

I have lived in New York City for 13 years and I used to have a car here. I got rid of it because it just wasn’t cost effective paying for insurance and parking every month just so I could have the possibility of driving on the weekends. It wasn’t as though I needed the car to get to work.

This is why I was so excited to become a member of Zipcar in New York

City. Zipcar is a car rental company that let’s you rent a car or truck hourly instead of only being able to rent daily. They have cars located at many different parking garages throughout the city. Its like having your own car without having to pay for parking, insurance or even gas! Zipcar provides you with a gas card in every car.

Most of the time I have had no problems with getting a car whenever I have needed one. I did learn, however, that you have to reserve a car for a major holiday months in advance or else you may not be able to rent one at all. I have suggested to Zipcar that they need to get more vehicles.

Overall I am very happy being a member Zipcar. I can now rent a car for an hour and it would cost me less than taking a cab ride ...

• Zipcar car rental NYC
      across town. I have never had a problem with Zipcar’s customer service when I have needed to extend a reservation, change a reservation or report that a car I had just rented smelled like a cat had been in it. Even when I misunderstood the return policy on my first rental Zipcar was nice enough to credit me back my fifty dollar late fee after I explained the miscommunication. Zipcar also has a nice variety
      of cars to rent within their fleet. So far, I have rented a mini cooper, a Volvo, a scion and BMW.

Zipcar is great for anybody who doesn’t need a car everyday but likes to drive somewhere once in a while. My boyfriend and I like zipcar to get out of the city from time to time without having to get on a train or plane. Driving is more relaxing for us and we love our zipcar.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 32603645880331/k2311a0326/3.26.09