Gourmet Dining Stir Fry
  • While the cooking time wasn't what the package said and the portions were small the taste was amazing

• by blondefreelancer

Above you are two 2lb frozen stir fry dinners that I am going to review. They are $5.89 each and come with a small package of meat, a frozen sauce to thaw under hot water and a bag of noodles with frozen vegetables.

According to the directs Gourmet Dining Stir Fry can either be microwaved or made on the stove top. Not caring for the taste of microwave food I opted for the stove top. According to the package the entire process takes about seven minutes, two for the

meat then five with the noodles and vegetables added. Wrong.

I put the meat in the pan with non-stick cooking spray (you can use a little oil if you prefer) and stirred it for the two minutes they say. It was still kind of frozen, thinking it would be ok since the vegetables still had to be added I went ahead and added them. (After I drained the water that had came out of the frozen meat off.)

According to the directs it only takes two to three minutes ...

• from this point. Well of course they take up the entire pan when you first put them in. Five minutes later part of the vegetables were still frozen despite my efforts although they were beginning to shrink some. It was more like ten minutes before all of them were heated and still crisp enough to eat.

At this point I removed the pan from the heat and add the sauce that had been defrosting in hot water. I stired it all together and the two pound bag was just

enough to feed my family of three which consists of two adults and a toddler. The toddler got a small toddler size bowl that had maybe two ounces in it and the adults each got a small cereal bowl full.

While the cooking time wasn’t what the package said and the portions were small the taste was amazing. For a frozen dinner this is better than most on the market and less work than making stir fry from scratch so I guess when we’re in a hurry we’ll be having it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272603645550231/k2311a0326/3.26.09