Philippine Animal welfare Society
Katipunana Valley, Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Philippines
  • Philippine Animal welfare Society is the only animal humane society that I know in the Philippines
  • I was so disappointed when the woman who got my call said that they cannot accept the cat because the place was already crowded

• by hornetlover

Philippine Animal welfare Society is the only animal humane society that I know in the Philippines. They are known for taking care and saving abused and maltreated animals, different kinds of animals.

Back in November of last year, I called Philippine Animal Welfare Society or P.A.W.S. to hand them over a kitten that I

found on the street September of the same year. I was leaving for the US and I do not want to leave the cat behind just like that.

When I called P.A.W.S., an old woman who claimed to be the owner of PAWS accepted my call and I told her what my concern was for. She was so polite and she even gave me the direct line to the head office so I can talk to the person in charge. So, I called that same day. I was so disappointed when the woman who got my call said that they cannot accept the cat because the place ...

• Philippine Animal welfare Society
      was already crowded. I told her that I am willing to send money for the kitten needs. Still, I was declined. That was alright. I can understand that if she denied my concern, but what really pissed me off was the way she talk to me. She was shouting and
      so rude. Is that how PAWS personnel treats their callers? They should know how to be courteous and polite. It is disappointing for a person who are needing their help.

If Philippine Animal Welfare Society is known for saving stray and abused animals, I wish the personnel would also know how to treat people.

abba says :

can you rescue the dog i saw in onyx st. corner san andres bukid manila? the dog badly needs help. please.

charity hernandez says :

Good day Matanong ko lng po kung ano ang pwedeng gawin sa aso nang aming neighbor, palagi kasing nag-iingay lalo na pag madaling araw at nagging perwisyo na po sya sa amin at sa iba naming neighbors. Pinagsabihan na po namin ang may-ari pero hanggang ngayon ay wala pa ring improvement ano po bang legal actions ang pwede naming gawin? Sincerely yours, Charity Hernandez

Hi po

Pwede niyo po siyang ireklamo sa baranggay, at which point bibigyan ng warning yung kapit-bahay niyo. Pag hindi po sila nag comply pwedeng ipa pound yung aso nila. Just be aware na pwede pong i-euthanize yung dog. So try to talk it over with them first, kawawa naman po kasi yung aso. Try to inform them na pwede silang mag bayad ng legal fees for the disruption and pwede silang mawalan ng aso. Hope it works out

Potato says :

re : Philippine Animal welfare Society is the only animal humane society that I know in the Philippines
There is another one that I know of, they’re called CARA and is situated in the Laguna/Cavite province. I’m almost certain it’s cavite.

Potato says :

re : I was so disappointed when the woman who got my call said that they cannot accept the cat because the place was already crowded
While it’s sad that this does happen. We can’t really expect PAWS to take in every stray cat and dog in the Philippines. After all they only survive on donations. If not enough people donate and no one adopts of course the shelter gets crowded. Plus they prefer taking in rescued dogs instead of a pet that was given up (you didn’t say if the cat was rescued or someone you know is giving it up).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292403644670431/k2311a0324/3.24.09