Chocolate Hills  » Travel  »
Bohol, Philippines
  • I felt calmness, and the fresh air I breathed was overwhelming, which I don't usually experience in the city
  • I wouldn't mind spending some cash for I know I will be rewarded once I set my foot where the wonder of Chocolate Hills is located
  • To all the travelers, whether residents or country visitors, I highly recommend Chocolate Hills to be included in your itinerary

• by gypsyheart27

My first visit to Bohol, Philippines was only last year 2008. The place is famous because of its beautiful sceneries and one of these is the Chocolate Hills. Not just a few but 1,268 cone-shaped hills of almost the same sizes. Covered by green grass that turns brown during dry season, hence the name. I cannot tell exactly how far the site is located from the airport, only I could tell it’s around 2-3 hours drive. I kept my patience high while on the road as my excitement geared up as well. I wanted to find

out if my friends were not exaggerating when they described the Chocolate Hills as some sort of splendor place.

My long travel was well compensated upon my first glimpse of the famous hills. I cannot believe what I was seeing was real! That I was there, that my eyes were marveling the natural wonder! The Chocolate Hills is wonderful to look at in every picture, but cannot be compared to the real ones. I was enthralled to look at those hills covering a vast area of land as far as my eyes could see. I’m not in doubt ...

• if the site attracts attention of many locales and foreigners as well. Should I had been from other country, this idea of getting to Chocolate Hills was just great!

It was a different feeling when I was at the spot where I got a top view of the hills that surrounded me. I felt calmness, and the fresh air I breathed was overwhelming, which I don’t usually experience in the city.

I didn’t miss the chance to take pictures of this wonder. I also had my picture taken with the hills on the background. I regretted the

time that we had to leave the site. As we drive away from the scenery, I had changed my sitting position so I could still get a view of the hills. During our flight going back to the metro, I made a promise of going back soon to Bohol to see the Chocolate Hills once again. I wouldn’t mind spending some cash for I know I will be rewarded once I set my foot where the wonder of Chocolate Hills is located. To all the travelers, whether residents or country visitors, I highly recommend Chocolate Hills to be included in your itinerary.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382403644550431/k2311a0324/3.24.09