Target House-brand Dryer Sheets  » Housewares  »
  • Unfortunately, Target's house-brand dryer sheets aren't necessarily for us in that case
  • It's not that I'm terribly disappointed in the quality of Target's house-brand dryer sheets
  • By my experiences, Target's house-brand dryer sheets tend to cost about two-thirds as much the name-brand Bounce dryer sheets, which to me have been the highest quality dryer sheets (and also the most expensive), and are about three-quarters as effective

• by Joelius

If you’re like me and keep multiple furred pets in your household, then you probably value the convenience and effectiveness of popping a dryer sheet of fabric softener into your mechanical dryer after washing your clothes to reduce static cling and override any lingering pet odors the laundry detergent may have missed. Also, if you’re like me, then you’re probably looking for ways to save money on household needs by finding quality generic substitutes for high-priced brand-name articles. Unfortunately, Target’s house-brand dryer sheets aren’t necessarily for us in that case.

It’s not that I’m terribly disappointed in the quality of Target’s house-brand dryer sheets.

I tend to expect that generics will be of a slightly lower quality to account for their significantly lower prices, and the fact that many are simply reverse-engineered from a previously successful creation made by a competitor. I’m okay with that - I’m just looking for a balance between price and quality. By my experiences, Target’s house-brand dryer sheets tend to cost about two-thirds as much the name-brand Bounce dryer sheets, which to me have been the highest quality dryer sheets (and also the most expensive), and are about three-quarters as effective. By the numbers, this would seem like a winning ...

• formula.

The monkey wrench in the works comes in when you try to put these numbers into practice. If you just toss in one dryer sheet, your clothes will come out fairly acceptable, but not quite the quality we were looking for. But if you throw in two, sure, your clothes come out great, but you’ll end up using more dryer sheets than the price differential really affords and you end up paying more than you would with just sticking to high-priced Bounce dryer sheets. If you’re willing to work it, though, and cut some dryer sheet into thirds so you

can put one and one-third dryer sheets in with each load, then you can beat the price spread and still have great results from Target’s house-brand dryer sheets. The only thing is that this can kind of kill the convenience factor. I often forget to either bring scissors with me or to cut more sheets into thirds when I run out of my previously-prepared batches, and so end up wasting more dryer sheets than the money I save. However, if you are better prepared and more on top of things than I am, this can be a great money-saving solution for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532403644380431/k2311a0324/3.24.09