Henckels Fine Edge Pro 8 inch Chef Knife  » Housewares  »
  • Cutting items such as this can be a difficult and tiring experience with the wrong knife
  • Which brings to mind a word of caution that I must issue at this point
  • It still works every bit as good as it did the day I bought it

• by betsyraeduke

It is my belief that as far as kitchen knives go it is best to pay a little more for quality then to be cheap. I have plenty of Henckels cutlery and have always been very satisfied with the sharpness of the blades of this brand of knife and with the durability. So when I needed to purchase a new chef’s knife I chose the Henckels Fine Edge Pro 8 inch Chef Knife.

The Henckels Fine Edge Pro 8 inch Chef Knife is a great, high quality knife. The blade is constructed of quality German stainless steel. This knife is triple riveted. The contoured handle is made of black polypropylene. This knife is rust proof and stain resistant. Also, it is dishwasher safe and is guaranteed for life.

This knife has excellent balance and good heft. It feels professional and the blade is very sharp. I swear this knife can cut just about anything. I use mine to chop onions, slice and/or dice potatoes, cut up celery,

cut large steaks in half, carve chickens and turkeys, slice tomatoes, EVERYTHING! This knife works wonderfully no matter what item I am using it on. Slicing, cutting, chopping…it is all so easy and effortless with my Henckels Fine Edge Pro!

When I have something such as potatoes or carrots or radishes to slice I always reach for this knife. Cutting items such as this can be a difficult and tiring experience with the wrong knife. When I use my Henckels Fine Edge Pro to cut these items though, it is almost like slicing hot butter! Yes, it is that easy with this knife. This knife is THAT sharp!

I also love this knife when I need to cut up chicken. My family is not fond of chicken breast, we are more of a dark meat family as far as the chicken goes. I often buy those large packages of chicken leg quarters as they are inexpensive and there are usually enough in the bag for several meals.

• The problem with them of course is that these chicken pieces are legs and thighs attached still attached, which makes these pieces to large to fit properly into most of my pans. Therefore, it is necessary for me to cut the legs and thighs apart. I have attempted this chore with other knives in the past and let me tell you, it is HARD! Once again though, my Henckels Fine Edge Pro comes to my rescue. When I use this knife to cut through that chicken it is easy as pie!

Also, the weight of this knife is so perfectly balanced and the handle is so well designed that holding this knife is comfortable and easy too. It is easy to get a good, solid, slip free grip on this knife as well, which reduces the chance of an accident!

Which brings to mind a word of caution that I must issue at this point. That is, when you are using this knife, do be very

careful. As I have mentioned several times already, this knife is very sharp and if you are not mindful of your actions while using it, you could easily slice a piece off your hand or finger. So, please, do be careful with this knife!

I have owned this knife for well over a year now and it has yet to loose it sharpness. I use this knife almost everyday and cut everything with it. It still works every bit as good as it did the day I bought it.

Overall, this is a great knife. It is high quality and extremely durable. The blade is very sharp and makes almost any cutting job a piece of cake. This knife is both stain and rust resistant. It is not the cheapest chef’s knife on the market, but it is worth the price. The thing with cutlery is that you usually get what you pay for, so opting for a higher priced chef’s knife is not necessarily a bad thing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532303644100931/k2311a0323/3.23.09