Grand Cayman Island  » Travel  »
  • The island itself is so pretty and driving down the road with the beach to the side is so amazing
  • I definately want to go back because it was such a neat experience

• by Lauren0924
      Grand Cayman Island is a truly amazing place! I went there a few summers ago and loved it! I definately hope to get back! The island itself is so pretty and driving down the road with the beach to the side is so amazing! You see gorgeous, gorgeous blue water and white sandy beaches. The people were all friendly too! When we were there we went to the turtle farm where they have all different types and sizes of turtles everywhere! You can see them swimming, feed them, and even pick some of them up! I have a great picture of me holding a turtle above it’s little pool. The turtle farm is lots of fun, especially for kids.

We also visited Hell. That’s right, hell.

Hell is this place full of dark black, jagged limestone formations. You can’t go down into the limestone, but

there are places where you can stand and look out into it.

It’s called Hell because many people have claimed that’s what they imagine Hell looks like. I liked how among the limestone formations, there are little devil statues/posters popping up.

Also the gift shop is fun! You can get postcards from Hell, which is funny and Satan hands out gifts in the souvenir shop. While the turtle farm and Hell were entertaining, they do not even come close to the highlight of my trip to Grand Cayman, Stingray City.

This place is amazing and an experience you will remember forever! You get in a boat and take a short boat ride out into the ocean. You come to this sandbar area.

The sandbar itself is pretty neat as everything around it is normal ocean, but then there is this shallow sandbar in the middle.

• This sandbar is overflowing with stingrays.

And guess what? You get to go into the sandbar and swim with them and feed them!! How awesome is that! On your boat, they give you snorkeling equipment and food to feed the stingrays. When we went, there were probably four other boats there surrounding the sandbar and hundreds of people in the sandbar itself.

At first, it was so scary! I mean climbing down the ladder of the boat and getting into the water with those huge stingrays is overwhelming at first and takes a little bit of courage. My sister was so scared to come in at first and would only come in if my dad stayed right there but after a few minutes she was off having a ton of fun.

You can just stand there and watch as these sting rays swim all around

you. They are so used to people feeding them that they look forward to everyone coming out there! And when they eat the food, its more of a sucking thing as they swim over your hand.

So neat! I got so many great pictures and you could go underwater and get right up close and touch them as they swam past you. Or if you just stood there, they’d swim all around you and touch you which was so neat! Stingray City was soo cool and so fun!! I definately want to go back because it was such a neat experience! Plus it’s always cool to be able to say you swam in the ocean with stingrays! If you are heading out to the Caribbean, then definately go to Grand Cayman.

Visit hell, the turtle farm, but if you only do one thing there, go to Stingray City!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38180664411230/k2311a0618/6.18.06