Tupperware Spaghetti Dispenser  » Housewares  »
  • Thankfully, I have found a good solution to this problem
  • This container is a good value, it cost only about $10.00

• by betsyraeduke

One thing I absolutely hate is when I purchase a large bag of spaghetti or pasta of any kind and have no way to properly reseal the bag after using a portion of the pasta inside. Using those bag clip things make the bag bulky and hard to store and taping them closed just isn’t good enough. Thankfully, I have found a good solution to this problem. I purchased a Tupperware Spaghetti Dispenser.

This is a tall, cylinder shaped container. It is somewhat flat on one side to make it easier to grasp and hang on to. It is just under a foot in height and the top of the container is just a little bit bigger then the bottom of it. It comes with a plastic lid, which is easy to remove when necessary.

Inside

the container is a plastic device with two half circle openings in it, one marked with a “1″ and the other marked with a “2″. The opening with the “1″ is for one serving, the opening with the “2″ is for two servings. In other words, this container measures the correct amount of pasta needed. The plastic measuring device can also be removed if you wish to use this only as storage container for other items.

This dispenser works quite well. The spaghetti comes part way out of the openings in the inserted measuring device and then you pull it the rest of the way out. This is good because you don’t end up with pasta spilling out all over the place and making a mess. It is necessary to shake the canister just ...

• a bit, but that has never been a problem for me.

Of course one person’s idea of an adequate serving size will vary from another’s so some personal judgment on your part may be needed to adjust as necessary, but this will give you a good starting point and eliminate most of the guessing. Another thing to keep in mind, if you are using this container for pasta other then spaghetti, such as angel hair pasta or linguini, this will change the serving size as well.

I actually have two of these containers. One I use to store spaghetti and aid in measuring out accurate serving sizes as it was intended for. The other one, I removed the measuring device from it, as this device is really only good for measuring spaghetti, angel hair pastas and

the like, and use it to store macaroni, both of which I often buy in large bags. These containers keep my pasta nice and fresh.

This container is a good value, it cost only about $10.00.

All things considered, the Tupperware Spaghetti Dispenser is an excellent container to have. I am able to store and measure out serving sizes of my spaghetti with it. It also works wonderfully for storing my macaroni. I am able to store both containers right in the closed compartment on the bottom of my microwave cart and they fit easily. Also, if you wished to store them on your counter top or other visible storage area, these canisters would look nice there too. The Tupperware Spaghetti Dispenser is indeed a very handy storage container to have. Any home could use one of these.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532303644090931/k2311a0323/3.23.09