AOC 15.6 Widescreen LCD Computer Monitor  » Computers  »
  • Personally, I prefer larger computer monitors which is why I will not be keeping this one as my main desktop monitor
  • I am not worried about that though myself because I am not rough on things, but if someone have children that will be using the computer themselves a lot, it is something to consider

• by alpha2zulu

To be completely honest, I only bought this computer monitor because I needed one late at night when my own refused to work anymore. The price and necessity for a new LCD monitor immediately were the only reason for the purchase.

Usually I check out reviews before making any electronic or computer purchase, so this was one of the first times I was going on price and cosmetic appearance. I didn’t do too bad, even though the monitor will not remain as my primary monitor.

The ACO LCD computer monitor was on sale for $100, for the price it is

a great monitor to have around if all you need is something to stare at while working. Personally, I prefer larger computer monitors which is why I will not be keeping this one as my main desktop monitor. I will be keeping it for a backup or hook it up to a desktop for the kids.

To start the LCD monitor is only 15.6″ and it is a widescreen so at first glance it appears smaller than it actually is. The widescreen is great for viewing movies, but not the preferred choice for working a word processor or reading web pages ...

• full of information. There are a few sites though, that the widescreen prove to have an advantage for, but those are few and far in between.

The color of the monitor is above average, better than I expected for a $100 LCD. It does have anti glare features which I wasn’t aware of in the first place, but it seems to be pretty standard.

The one thing that I really don’t like about the monitor though are the placement of the power button or the other monitor adjustment buttons. The buttons themselves are in an awkward position, and the power

button feels as though it will fall off from abuse or too much use. I am not worried about that though myself because I am not rough on things, but if someone have children that will be using the computer themselves a lot, it is something to consider.

Overall, the monitor is a nice option when you just need something. It got me through the couple days I needed before I could buy a new one. The software was adequate, the screen itself was more than good and I feel it will be around for me to use for a long time.

Clara Pike says :

I just need to know how to adjust my screen. The monitor is great. I reloaded my windows and need to fix my screen. I can`t find my book or whatever I had. Just some simple directions would help me. Thank you for any help you can give me. Clara Pike

Alpha2Zulu replies :

TO change the screen there is an adjusting button on the bottom right corner, hit is and the options open to you will pop up. You can do it using the two buttons or your keyboard.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 192303643790931/k2311a0323/3.23.09