The Ab Rocket  » Health  »
  • It just makes my workouts burn more than I like, and I am the type who enjoys workouts but only those that are fun

• by alpha2zulu

At first I was thrilled to get this because I figured it was the lazy persons answer to quick ab exercises with results. Boy was I wrong! Yes, you do get results, but there is nothing in this rocker for a lazy person.

Part of me wishes I had just stuck with the crunches because now that I spent the one hundred dollars for the ab rocker I feel obligated to use it and it is such a workout on my abdomen. Way more work than I am used to– so in a way it is good too.

In all honesty,

I hate this rocker, but not because it sucks or is a bad product. It just makes my workouts burn more than I like, and I am the type who enjoys workouts but only those that are fun. Hence the lazy exerciser comment earlier.

More about this Ab Rocket though. Basically it is a foam padded, reclining seat that you use to help you strengthen your abdomen. At first I wasn’t getting the whole how to use it with different strengthening techniques, but someone finally clued me in. There is a fitness DVD that comes along with the ...

• chair, but I am better at improvising my own workouts than following a strict regimen.

In this case, I did check out the DVD though and I was able to add some of the moves to what I was already doing. If I were to use the DVD solely, there would be no way I would last past a couple minutes. If that were the case though I would have a six pack in a couple weeks and be able to maintain it.

As it is, I have realized results on the Ab Rocket. It isn’t the easiest thing to use and

it is not entirely comfortable, even with the foam roller, but it does work. As you get better at it, you can increase the intensity of your workouts by changing the resistance level, which just takes a quick turn and securing the rocket.

Overall, this was a good investment for the one hundred dollars. As swimsuit season creeps closer I can see myself hopping into it more and more. And since I have spent the money, own it, and know it works it is always there for me to take advantage of when I need to firm things up quickly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342303643780931/k2311a0323/3.23.09