Crowne Plaza Dallas  » Hotels  »
7800 Alpha Road, Dallas Texas
  • When I consider the price I paid for the hotel suite, I have to sum it up as one of the best values I have ever received for a hotel stay
  • The only complaint I did have about the room I noticed right away, it smelled a little like cigarette smoke and the staff had let me know that if there was any smoking in the room I would get a fine
  • As for the rest of the hotel, the banquet halls are very nice, definitely great to have a wedding reception in

• by alpha2zulu

I had the chance to stay at the Crowne Plaza in Dallas this past summer for a wedding and it was one of the most pleasant hotel stays I have had in Dallas. When I consider the price I paid for the hotel suite, I have to sum it up as one of the best values I have ever received for a hotel stay.

Starting with the website, where I first had a look at the hotel, it was very well laid out. I was able to get a good idea of the hotel from the many photos, I could even pick the room I preferred based on the photos I saw.

Booking the room was super easy, the staff that answered the phone took his time talking to me about all the rooms, letting me know what was available and let me know what was in the area so that I was sure that was the hotel I really wanted.

When we arrived at the hotel I was very pleased to find out just how close I was to all the major expressways. You can get anywhere in Dallas very quickly from

this hotel and right in the same parking lot is a CVS and a Starbucks, just down the street we found several stores and a large grocery.

Upon checking in I was taken care of right away. The one gentleman at the counter was already assisting someone, but when he saw me walk up he called someone over to help me right away. Check in was a breeze, our suite was on the fifth floor so it was high enough to limit the sound in the plaza but not too high to be inconvenient.

The only complaint I did have about the room I noticed right away, it smelled a little like cigarette smoke and the staff had let me know that if there was any smoking in the room I would get a fine. I immediately called down to let the front desk know that our room had a lingering smoke smell and they gave me the option of switching rooms. We had a wedding to attend that we were late for so I opted not too, but was just concerned that they noted the smell so I wouldn’t be ...

• responsible for it.

The suite itself was impeccable. There were four of us in the room so we had a bedroom with two queen size beds. The first part of the suite opens up into a sitting room. The loveseat turns into a sleeping bed for one or two little ones. The furniture is all very nice and looked new. There was a large screen tv, equipped with game consoles. A large business desk was in one corner with several outlets for a laptop and small portable printer.

Between the bedroom and the sitting room was a small kitchenette, the bathroom and a large closet. The kitchenette had a microwave, small refrigerator, coffee maker, shelves, sink, cabinets– enough to keep food for a couple days. The bathroom was very clean, large and had every amenity.

The bedroom had the two queen size beds, a wardrobe and a tv stand with television. There was still enough space in the room for us to move around without feeling like we were cramped.

In the morning we took advantage of the breakfast cafe. The food was excellent. As

part of our stay we were given two coupons for cold breakfast, hot breakfast was twelve dollars. We ended up letting the kids have the cold breakfasts because it included cereals, yogurts and plenty of fresh fruit. The hot breakfast came with pancakes, eggs, french toast, bacon, sausage and all the trimmings.

As for the rest of the hotel, the banquet halls are very nice, definitely great to have a wedding reception in. The large banquet hall easily holds two hundred people and the sitting area outside, but not part of the plaza is well enough out of the way to allow for privacy. The swimming pool was a little smaller than the kids would like, but it was enough for them to enjoy themselves in. There was also an indoor pool that joined up to the outdoor one, a nice large patio with plenty of seating and a hot tub.

Overall, this was a great hotel stay and a very good deal for the money. I will be sure to stay here in the future when I am in the area because I really felt like my family was taken care of.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22303643700931/k2311a0323/3.23.09