Zone Alarm Free Firewall from Grisoft  » Software  »
  • I found it easy to download and set up by following its onscreen directions

• by aupoet

I have used Zone Alarm’s Free Firewall on the last three computers I have owned over a period of ten years. I have used it with the operating systems of Windows 95, 98, 2000, and currently with Windows XP home edition.

It has never conflicted with any of those operating systems in a way that could not be resolved.

It has kept my

computers free from hacker attacks and gives me control over which of my programs have internet access.

I found it easy to download and set up by following its onscreen directions.

With it you can set whether an individual program can connect to the web with or without your permission or totally block its access.

I have several free games that are always ...

• wanting to download ads.

Through Zone Alarm I can stop those downloads and get more enjoyment out of the games.

It also keeps unsolicited programs from calling into your computer.

It does not use up much space on my computer or noticeably slow it down.

It is one of the few programs that I give the right to update on its own to

because it does so very quickly and without slowing things down.

It doesn’t bother me constantly with ads wanting me to buy Zone Alarms other products or make donations.

Only the firewall is free, if you want their anti-virus/anti spyware or web browsing security suites you have to pay for them.

If they are as good as the firewall then they are well worth giving a try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 302303643660931/k2311a0323/3.23.09