Advil 200mg Caplets  » Medicine  »
0.5
  • This is deeply disturbing to me, as we cannot find a reason why my husband would have this reaction

• by Melissa Glenn
      My husband recently had some teeth extracted to get a denture. Our dentist recommended he take Advil 200mg caplets for pain and swelling.

We bought a bottle of 24 200mg caplets for him.

Advil is the brand name, these caplets are actually Ibuprofen with a coating on top which is less harmful on

the stomach lining.

These caplets were not cheap at $5.

99CDN and worse still they caused terrible side effects.

Within one hour of taking two of these caplets (the recommended dose by the dentist) my husband had violent stomach cramps and even worse diarrhea which lasted for three hours!

I contacted Advil immediatly and ...

• was put through a batch of questions, such as was my husband taking any other medication (no) was he allergic to ibuprofen(no) was he taking any heart or anti-inflammatory mediations (no).

Advil had no answers for us.

I did not want my husband to take this medication again.

But he tried it again

the next day, and got the same results!

This is deeply disturbing to me, as we cannot find a reason why my husband would have this reaction.

Even worse, Advil advertises that this medication is suitable after dental surgery.

We went back to Bufferin, which is not very effective for swelling, but certainly takes away pain, with no side effects!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26160664360430/k2311a0616/6.16.06