The X-Files Lord of the Flies Episode  » TV  »
  • Of course I also liked the plot and I guess I can say that it is one of the most interesting X-Files episodes I have ever seen
  • I would definitely recommend this to X-Files fans as one of the best episodes I have ever seen

• by RedTape

One of the things I liked about this television show was the introduction. Of course I also liked the plot and I guess I can say that it is one of the most interesting X-Files episodes I have ever seen. In a way the fictitious show “Dumbass” in the episode reminded me a little of the actual show “Jackass” featuring the popular prankster Johnny Knoxville. Neverthless, it was the 187th episode of the entire series of the popular American television series “The X-Files”. It was also fifth episode in the

ninth and final season of “The X-Files”.

In the introduction the viewers see different clips from a cable television reality series “Dumbass” where two teens try daring stunts. In the first one, one of the teenagers is shot with paintballs by one of those machines which shoots balls so people can practice sports like baseball or tennis. In the second one, one of the teens go into a public bathroom stall which is pulled around by a car with a rope. The bathroom stall falls and the teen comes out terrorizing ...

• people and trying to touch them. In the final one however, the same teen isn’t so lucky. This time the teen’s girlfriend is helping them with the stunt even though she didn’t want to do it, because she was pressured into doing it by the show’s hosts and audiences watching. The teen gets into a shopping cart and it goes the wrong way in the stunt and falls. His girlfriend runs over to him since he isn’t getting up and then afterwards the other teen does as well, and when they
        take off his helmet they notice that his skull has been crushed. Agent Dogett and Reyes were sent to the morgue to talk to the coroner or medical examiner who was assigned to do the autopsy on the body. However, they become even more puzzled when a swarm of insects is released from one of the victim’s eye sockets.

I would definitely recommend this to X-Files fans as one of the best episodes I have ever seen. I would also recommend it to those who are fond of horror and science fiction movies.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102303642930731/k2311a0323/3.23.09