Desperado  » Movies  »
  • I decided to try one of the local stations for the first in a long time, to see if they had actually begun to bring any good programmes and I stumbled upon the movie Desperado
  • I found that I might not have enjoyed it as much as I did if they had cast mostly unknown actors as the lead roles in the movie
  • I would not recommend this movie to younger audiences as it has a lot of graphic violence, cursing, gore and a little sex

• by RedTape

“Desperado” was one of those films which I had put off seeing for a very long time. Even though I did not know what it was about, I somehow felt that it might resemble too much of one of those Stephen Segal flicks I hated watching. I also was still a bit skeptical of seeing the actor Antonio Banderas in an action movie. However, this changed one Saturday night when my brother and I were forced to watch the televisions in our rooms which did not have any cable. I decided to

try one of the local stations for the first in a long time, to see if they had actually begun to bring any good programmes and I stumbled upon the movie “Desperado”. Therefore, I decided to take a chance and watch it, and ended up loving it.

The movie “Desperado” is about a musician (Antonio Banderas) who is mistaken for a very well known hitman. However, coincidentally the same musician is out for revenge for what was done to him some time before whereas his lover was murdered and he was maimed. Therefore,

• this is where the action comes in.

The actress Salma Hayek stars as the woman the revenge obsessed musician falls in love with. However the twist in the plot too is that she is working for a drug lord.

I liked the movie because it was not a B-movie, and it is very easy for movies with plots such as this to become B-movies. However, the plot, managed to be stable and not too impossible to believe unlike many other B-movies.

The acting was also good. I found that I might not have

enjoyed it as much as I did if they had cast mostly unknown actors as the lead roles in the movie. Therefore, it did not have that aura of inexperience.

The script was also quite good unlike what I expected. I normally find movies like these to have very bad scripts as everyone seems to focus more on the action.

I would not recommend this movie to younger audiences as it has a lot of graphic violence, cursing, gore and a little sex. However, I would recommend this to many action movie lovers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112303642900731/k2311a0323/3.23.09