The X-Files Hungry Episode  » TV  »
  • I thought that even the title itself was well thought of when thinking about the plot
  • Therefore, I would recommend this to some fans of The X-Files

• by RedTape

This is one of my favorite episodes from the popular 1990s television series “TheX-Files”. It is the 142nd episode of the entire X-Files show and the 3rd episode of the 7th season of “The X-Files” I liked it because the plot was a little different and odd. This time it was from the monster’s point of view instead of victim’s or Mulder and Scully’s; and the monster seemed to me like both an antagonist

and protagonist. I thought that even the title itself was well thought of when thinking about the plot. The acting was also pretty good and I liked how the episode was written.

“The X-Files” episode “Hungry” was about a monster who has lived under the guise of a human being who has a craving for human brains. He works at a fast food restaurant, and lives life like a normal human being a part from ...

• the cravings which he has and his true appearance. However, in the episode they get out of control as he kills at least two people and the FBI is called to investigate because the brains of the persons are missing and the brutality of the murders. No one suspects him of course, and he ends up feeling guilty every time he eats, just like people who have eating disorders. He tries going to therapy
        and his therapist suggest that he goes to a group for people who has eating disorders. However it does not help and the episode ends in tragedy whereas even though he wanted to change he ended up being killed by the police anyway.

I loved the episode since it evoked feeling of pity and sadness from me unlike other X-Files episodes I had previously watched. Therefore, I would recommend this to some fans of “The X-Files”.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102303642880731/k2311a0323/3.23.09