MTV Music Video Awards  » Entertainment  »
  • There would be talk of which artistes performed, which celebrity did which crazy thing, who had on the best outfits and who should have been busted by the fashion police
  • I think it is very hypocritical, and that there are many other music artistes who also deserve awards for their hard work rather than some of the people who get them year after year

• by RedTape

I can remember when I used to be interested in this programme that was aired by MTV when I was in high school. It was usually the talk of the day or morning when we all returned to school the next day. There would be talk of which artistes performed, which celebrity did which crazy thing, who had on the best outfits and who should have been busted by the fashion police. However, I can remember

that after a while I was not very interested in the programme as it leaned more to the audiences of the mainstream than to things which I was more interested in.

The MTV Music Video awards is usually hosted by a particular actor or actress, and a statue is usually given to the musician who wins in a particular category. Some of the most popular categories are “Best Hip Hop Video”, “Best Pop Video”, “Best Male ...

• Video”, “Best Female Video”, “Best Special Effects in a Video”, “Best Cinematography in a Video”, “Best Art Direction in a Video” and even “Best Rock Video”. Of course, these are not all the categories in which they give prizes. However, these are some of the more popular ones which my friends and I used to discuss in high school.

These days I do not watch it unless my brother is watching it though as I tend

to shy away from mainstream music and culture. I think it is very hypocritical, and that there are many other music artistes who also deserve awards for their hard work rather than some of the people who get them year after year. I also know many other amateur poets and song writers who write better songs than some of the songs I hear winning awards in the ceremony. I label this as just another money making venture by Hollywood.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592303642760731/k2311a0323/3.23.09