Far and Away  » Movies  »
  • This was because I somehow thought that I might find the movie boring despite the fact that I had seen clips of it featuring the actors Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman
  • However, when I finally sat down to watch the movie a few weeks ago during the holidays at my grandmother's house, I was happy that I did
  • Therefore I would recommend this to many people who are looking for a good movie to watch
  • However, I found this movie to be very different from any other romance drama I have ever seen

• by RedTape

I have often seen this movie being aired on the Starz Western channel. However, I never took an opportunity to watch it throughout the years. This was because I somehow thought that I might find the movie boring despite the fact that I had seen clips of it featuring the actors Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. I had also never heard anyone talking about the movie, is why I automatically assumed it might be boring. I had my own theories that, if

no one spoke about a movie, then it probably was not very good. However, when I finally sat down to watch the movie a few weeks ago during the holidays at my grandmother’s house, I was happy that I did.

The movie “Far and Away” is about two young people from two different backgrounds in 19th century Ireland who are brought together by unfortunate circumstances. The girl Shannon Christie (Nicole Kidman), is from a wealthy Irish family where her father, Daniel Christie (Robert Prosky) is a landlord who has evicted the poverty stricken Joseph Donnelly (Tom Cruise), and his brothers off the land they live and work on right after their father has died. Angered that he now has nothing, and the wealthy in Ireland seem to have no sympathy for the poor he sets out to kill his landlord, but fails several times in one day and meets his daughter who attacks him. They both run off to America after Shannon Christie has ...

• Far and Away
      a disagreement with her family, and Joseph Donnelly realizes that he has the chance for a better life there. However, when they finally reach America, Shannon’s source for money has been stolen and she has to rely on Joseph, thus the tables are now turned.

This movie reminds me a lot of the history my grandmother would tell me sometimes of Ireland and how life was hard there especially before people had begun to migrate to the Americas. The relationship between

social classes is also portrayed in the relationship between Joseph Donnelly and Shannon Christie.

Everything about this movie was flawless, which made it so enjoyable too. I had absolutely no problems with anything. Therefore I would recommend this to many people who are looking for a good movie to watch. I personally am a die-hard fan of suspense, action and horror films and hate romance films. However, I found this movie to be very different from any other romance drama I have ever seen.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112303642520731/k2311a0323/3.23.09