The Brother’s Grimm (2005)  » Movies  »
  • I thought that this movie was one of Heath Ledger's first as something more than just a teen heartthrob
  • One of the things I love about this movie was the special effects and costuming
  • Each time I'm about to watch it I feel as though if watch such a movie from 2005 everything will seem outdated and I would not be s impressed by the graphics and costuming
  • I found that it was just right enough to increase the suspense a little and reflect on the mood of everything
  • Therefore, I would recommend this to people who still love fairytales, especially those which were written by the brothers Grimm

• by RedTape

This movie is one of my favorites from the late young actor Heath Ledger. In fact, thinking about it now I’m not sure which one of his movies I didn’t like. Nevertheless one of the reasons why I liked this movie was because it appealed to the still existing side of me which likes fairytales and myths and folklore, because fairytales where what the real Brothers Grimm wrote. I loved everything about the film. Another reason why I liked it is that another one of my favorite actors were in it, which

was the actor Matt Damon who played the role of one of the brothers. I thought that this movie was one of Heath Ledger’s first as something more than just a “teen heartthrob”.

The movie was about two traveling con artists, Will and Jake Grimm who prey upon ignorant villagers’ fears of the supernatural. They pretend to fight these supernatural forces so that villagers can pay them money. However, on one of their journeys they encounter a real case where an evil queen, trapped in a tower in a castle in an enchanted ...

• forest is kidnapping young girls in order to stay young and beautiful.

One of the things I love about this movie was the special effects and costuming. Each time I’m about to watch it I feel as though if watch such a movie from 2005 everything will seem outdated and I would not be s impressed by the graphics and costuming. However it manages to impress me all the time, and thus it feels like the first time each time I watch it.

I also liked the atmosphere of the movie. I find that

the lighting in some of these movies tend to be too bright which shifts my concentration away from it and it does not match with the mood of what is going on. On the other hand though, the lighting in the movie couldn’t be too dark since the movie wasn’t meant to frighten. I found that it was just right enough to increase the suspense a little and reflect on the mood of everything.

Therefore, I would recommend this to people who still love fairytales, especially those which were written by the brothers Grimm.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112303642350631/k2311a0323/3.23.09