Adobe Photoshop for beginners  » Software  »
  • At first, I thought it will take a lot of time for me to learn
  • However, when I started to know the basics, I found out that the more complex application is very easy to learn as well

• by yachi

Being an undergraduate student of Fine Arts, one of the major subjects I wasn’t able to take is computer application. As an effect, I had a hard time to know how graphic designers and layout artists do their thing in magazine, poster and ads. Making layouts, restoring some old photos, adding effects, adding text, changing backgrounds, masking and all kinds of artistic application in computer were complicated for me to understand before.

My friend told me that they are just using Adobe Photoshop. Right after that, I installed the software and

studied the tutorials included in the package. I started with the basic like opening a document, cutting, healing by using the heal tool, and the basics of color application. It’s either I’m a fast learner or the program is really just designed to be friendly-user with its manageable tools.

You can easily find the essential tools like pencil, brushes, eraser, heal tool, crop tool, text tool, move tool in the toolbox placed in the left side of the screen. At the right side you can see your work history through histogram box.

• Below histogram are color palette, navigator, channels, paths, styles and most importantly, the layer box. It also has preset effects in filter box and of course the help box.

At first, I thought it will take a lot of time for me to learn. However, when I started to know the basics, I found out that the more complex application is very easy to learn as well. Eventually, I did learn and applied some photo restoration. I did some vector designing to my client’s posters, and I also did some masking

in making e-books. Until now Adobe Photoshop is my partner in making layouts, designing some corporate packages, poster banners and ads. Adobe Photoshop can make subject to be flawless for some ethereal effect like the ones that publications were doing in their magazine cover, I happened to learned and have it applied to my subjects. The effect just need some pimple, shadow and eye bags removal.

Over all, I can say this software is highly recommended just take some time to study the basic tutorial and that’s it, you can go and explore further.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 302303641780531/k2311a0323/3.23.09