BPI Internaltional Debit Card
  • So even if the minimum maintaining balance of BPI is very high compared to other Philippine banks I decided to open a savings account with them
  • What I love about their system is that the opening account process is very easy and no hassle, it needs only photocopies of government issued identification cards and 2 pictures and the ATM card is already prepared, the staff will only imprint the owner's name and account number, it will be activated right away, a very convenient procedure
  • This type of account will generate interest when your savings reach P5,000.BPI express banking in the Philippines can be ideally located at all department stores and shopping malls nationwide so it is very convenient for busy people like me

• by Joyce

Bank of the Philippine Island is considered as one of the biggest and largest banks in the Philippines and the most stable after Metro bank, according to a Central bank of the Philippines data. So even if the minimum maintaining balance of BPI is very high compared to other Philippine banks I decided to open a savings account with them. One of the branches of the large family of BPI is express banking, designed to cater the needs

of busy consumers and professionals who had no time to go to a BPI branch.

I choose to open at BPI express banking because it is very accessible from the company I worked with,it is just located inside a shopping mall where I used to shop after office hours. What I love about their system is that the opening account process is very easy and no hassle, it needs only photocopies of government issued identification cards and 2 pictures ...

• and the ATM card is already prepared, the staff will only imprint the owner’s name and account number, it will be activated right away, a very convenient procedure.

BPI international card from express banking system of BPI is a debit card and EPS ready, EPS stands for Express Payment system, so I can shop in different shopping centers and supermarkets without bringing cash anymore. I have a luxury also of depositing my money because I don’t need to fall

in line and endure the long hours of standing because BPI express banking has an electronic deposit envelope system where I could just put my money inside the envelope and insert it to the BPI ATM machine with an “insert deposit envelope” feature.

This type of account will generate interest when your savings reach P5,000.BPI express banking in the Philippines can be ideally located at all department stores and shopping malls nationwide so it is very convenient for busy people like me.

sherwinston niem says :

Is th international debit card the same as visa electron card?

Joyce replies :

Hello Sherwinston niem BPI international debit card is not the same with visa electron card. In order to use debit card in your shopping transactions, you must have enough savings in your account to make your transactions valid. This card is as good as cash, the only difference is, you don`t need to carry the cash but only the card.

Jules Li says :

No, these are separate cards.

shiela says :

Is it BPI CREDIT CARD can accept and used international even if no activation?

Aleks says :

If you mean the activation of the credit card by itself, then any credit/debit card must be activated to use it.

Galega says :

BPI Credit Card can be used internationally. There isn’t any problem here. Actually, it uses VISA or MASTERCARD as payment gateway and both of them are available throughout the world. That’s not an issue with you.

However, you are also thinking about using a credit card which has not been activated. That won’t work. You will have to activate the card before using it in your country or abroad.

It is quite easy to activate your card. You will find activation information booklet with the card. Enter the required information in the website of BPI and you will get a message for the same. Remove the sticker behind the card and sign at the appropriate place. Now, your card is ready to be used anywhere.

Laurencio Dakay Jr says :

re : So even if the minimum maintaining balance of BPI is very high compared to other Philippine banks I decided to open a savings account with them
    BPI S/A is just the best way to start.

Sanzenin9 says :

Hi I have BPI Express Teller Savings account. I was wondering if I could use it to purchase things via paypal? When I enter the card number though, it says that it isn’t a valid master card or something like that. However, I was able to connect is as one of my bank accounts. Does this mean I can withdraw from my paypal through my BPI Express Teller account?

Marg says :

Yes, since you have added it as a bank account you can add money to your BPI Express Teller account from Paypal by just doing a withdrawal. I also had a similar issue with adding my debit card to my Paypal. I was told that it was because I had to add the card to the Paypal account as a bank account instead of as a debit card.

james says :

Do BPI internation debit card has a mastercard logo or visa logo.. Can I purchase something online with it or do paypal transactions?

MEV says :

Hi James,

Yes they have and you can connect your PayPal through your BPI account.

Galega says :

BPI uses both MasterCard and VISA payment gateway. The appropriate logo will be there on the card itself. Just take a look at the card and you will know which card is of yours.

Further, whether it is MasterCard or VISA, you won’t find any problem in paying online with PayPal. Just link your card with PayPal and verify it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 422303641710531/k2311a0323/3.23.09