Indian Airlines  » Airlines  »
2.0
New Delhi, India
  • I have some bad experience with this carrier which I wish it did not happen
  • The main problem was the unavailability of the documents

• by Lex

Indian Airlines is the government owned Indian domestic carrier. Now it has been merged with the Air India. I have travelled regularly by Indian Airlines.

I have some bad experience with this carrier which I wish it did not happen. My first experience is related to an accident.

Once five years ago the flight of Indian Airlines crashed over Patna. My uncle was travelling through that flight and sadly he has been killed.

The

government announced compensation money which was too high than generally provided in India. Then there was the insurance of Air travelers.

However, we never got the money. Every time Indian Airlines has been contacted by my Aunt and other family members, the reply is rude and utter lack of understanding of the situation and sadness among family members.

After so many attempts it did not come and we decided to not try anymore. The ...

• other disgusting thing was the supposed insurance that were to be given, that has also not been dispatched.

The main problem was the unavailability of the documents. My uncle was traveling with all his documents since he was to apply for a government job.

Since then I never attempted to travel by that Airlines. One of my friends has also decided to travel by Indian airlines and his experience is also not good regarding

his journey.

He has been told to sit on a different seat not on the seat which was printed on his ticket. When he asked the reason, he was rudely told that the Airlines reserved the right to change the seat of a passenger.

However, later he found out that it is not the airlines but an influential person who got his seat changed because his relative was seating there. These things may also be asked with humble tone.

Indian Airlines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 402303641690531/k2311a0323/3.23.09