EMS Indonesia  » General services  »
  • Only pity that the price or rate of this EMS Service is so expensive

• by MomLouiTan

I want to give my opinion about EMS Indonesia. This is one of the product from Indonesian Post which can serve you the fastest shipping service to all over the world.

When I lived in Indonesia, I always use this EMS service to send products to my customers.I was selling some

products internationally, so I often sent products to my customers in United States, Europe and other countries as well.

Their service has track and trace record. It is registered airmail so you will get a code number for your shipment that you can track and trace. It is possible to do ...

• it through their website.

Their service is very fast. I only need three or four working days to ship product to the Netherlands or Belgium normally. Of course it depend on the custom and clearance of the country where we ship.

Only pity that the price or rate of this EMS

Service is so expensive. They will charge us in USD which is very high and fluctuate if we compare to Indonesian Rupiah. And they are using volumetric measurement to charge the rate of your shipment. So for a big stuff, it will be very expensive to ship with EMS Indonesia.

melia says :

Hi..I want to ask you, does EMS have insurance? What if the package is damage? I buy items from china, the EMS agent packed it. it doesn`t have any problem since the package arrived at jakarta soekarno hatta, the status says EMH damage - item not delivered have you ever dealt the same problem? What am I suppose to do? Should I wait the ems agent to inform me or what? I never face a problem like this before. So I get confuse now, afraid that if the box is damage then there will be some items missing. Help me out here. I need an information. Thanks

MomLouiTan replies :

Hi, According to my experience, there is always an insurance when you use EMS service. But I don`t think the insurance will cover all the value of the items inside the package. But the insurance will be available from the sender side. So in your case, your seller should be the one who will process the insurance. And in case the item will be deliver to you, you can refuse to receive it since the package is not in a good condition. damage . And they will send back to the sender your seller . And you have to get your money back from the seller. Your seller have more detail about the insurance from EMS shipping form. Regards, mommylouitan

Clint says :

What is EMH status means? It`s been 6 days on that status.

Anthony says :

EMH is attempted delivery.

It goes from EMA (pick up from delivery post office) to EMI (delivery successful)
    You might want to contact the post office in case there’s problem such as wrong address or there’s nobody to receive the package when it’s delivered.

EMA Posting Collection the seller sent the item
    EMB Arrival at outward OE relayed from local post office to the international package office
    EMC Departure from outward OE on to the cargo board and there she goes

EMD Arrival at inward OE touch down
    EME Airport Handling the office that handle international packages
    EME Held by Customs the bottleneck
    EMF Departure from inward OE to your regional post office
    EMG Arrival at delivery Transit Office received
    EMH Attempted to deliver to your address, or could mean item returned
    EMI Delivered either you receive it in your place or you take the item in the post office, such as when you need to pay the tax

Len Girvan says :

Hello I got the status of my parcel that says, EMH Attempted to deliver on 15-06-2013(Saturday) and the time was 13:38.

But the intended address was a P.O. Box.
    Would this mean that the parcel would be returned ?

Galega says :

The status EMH means that they had tried to deliver package at the address, but couldn’t get the success. May be the postal address was wrong or no one was there. You can easily assess the reason behind delivery failure.

Pamela says :

Hi I being send an item from Indonesia through EMS. In the tracking numbers says that left Jakarta to New Zealand on the 25th of september 2013 but till today 5 of october 2013 the package havent updated the status online. No one can give me and answer of where is the package and in the NZ post they said to me it is not in NZ, that I should open an inquiry with EMS, I already did. Please give me further information on what happens in a case like this how EMS respons to this. Thanks, Pamela

Peter Kemp says :

EMS is a Chinese owned and founded courier company that works with local postal services internationally. As a resident of Shanghai for 10 years my company used EMS on a weekly basis and found their service to be excellent. Not quite as fast or efficient as UPS, TNT or FEDEX, but very close and considerably less expensive.
    UNFORTUNATELY THIS IS NOT THE CASE IN INDONESIA.
    RECEIVING: In the 2 years I have been in Bali I have received and sent numerous consignments with EMS/PosIndonesia. Generally the service and operation is a joke. On average items take 2-3 weeks to get to me. I have not once received notification from EMS in Indonesia that a consignment has arrived. I always have to follow this up myself and I have never done this successfully over the phone directly with my local EMS distribution centre. This means a trip to the local distribution centre just to spend an hour finding out if you consignment is there or not.
    The EMS Posindonesia online tracking system is constantly 5-7 days behind the actually progress of the shipment or advises the tracking number as invalid despite the fact that it can be found on the originating countries EMS tracking system (which relies on Poisndonesian input once arriving in Indonesia. There is only one number for customer service on their website and for two years I have received this number is out of operation messages when I have called it. There is no email address for customer service.
    I have ceased using the service and instruct senders not to use EMS in their country of origin when sending to me.

SENDING: This service is considerably better than the incoming service and my consignees have generally received the shipment within 5-7 working days. This however is most likely dependent on the quality of the receiving countries postal system. Following up on the status of a missing or late shipment on PosIndoinesia system has been a complete waste of time for 50% of my shipments which have ultimately appeared on the country of destinations tracking system before the PosIndonesia system.

I still use this system for small size shipments because the service is reasonable and the cost significantly less. Their volumetric calculations on large shipments makes them much less competitive with more efficient courier services like UPS, TNT and FEDEX.

ali says :

i sended packed from miami usa to indonesia with full cover insurance but when arrived in indonesia post office ask to pay tax, now why should pay tax..? on my packaged is not as electronic or toy in my packaged only 3 shirt . give me the answer why i should pay tax for that ..? whats going on with indonesia post office? and whats going on with the pacaged delivery too long waiting costum checking take 2 week to costom checking.?? do still we trus with people in indonesia post ofiice..?

rena says :

Hi, I m sending a package from Indonesia to U.S but this is already more than 10 days. I need the package to be arrived on 7th of October so the recipient could wear it (it s clothes). But I tracked online the status still departed from export office in Indonesia for many days. And when I called EMS Jakarta, they said the recipient should check with local post office in order to be able to check it. Shame The package is still in Indonesia. I called EMS again and they made a report to the airport of Jakarta (she said at least for 2×24 hours they can report it back to me about the status, which is today. Im gonna call them). And so I read your review online. I d like to know about the development of your case. Im so mad Thank you for your help.

quick note by anonymous :

may i know how long does it take for airport handling???meaning custom cheack

Galega says :

There isn’t as such any fixed time for custom clearance. Usually, it is cleared within 24 hours of arrival. However, if there are lots of consignments, then it may take longer. You may also note that, custom will take more time if the package has restricted items.

Carlos says :

Hi. I am also having problems with an Indonesian Shipping to Mexico.

I purchase a Toy in Ebay. The seller sent it quickly by expensive EMS but in my country the Postal Office don t have it, DHL is the one who will deliver to me. Is that normal? EMS is an international postal Express Mail Service offered by postal operators of the Universal Postal Union. And DHL is a private company. Why DHL is going to deliver an EMS shipping?

Now because of that, i have to pay custom taxes. If my postal office deliver the shipping, usually i don t have to pay custom taxes.

This is the Tracking Guide: IEE156408460ID.

I still waiting to the DHL people to they deliver my shipping. I hope they have not lost my purchase :(

What should i do if they don t deliver it?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 252303641630531/k2311a0323/3.23.09