Eaton County Clerk’s Office  » General services  »
1045 Independence Blvd., Charlotte, MI 48813
  • They were always smiling on us, especially on me

• by hornetlover

I arrived here in Michigan under a fiance(e) K1 visa. A K1 visa holder can stay for three months in a state of the fiance(e)’s residence. My fiance (now husband) and I applied for our marriage certificate at Eaton County Clerk’s Office. It was more than 30 minutes drive away from our house. When we got there, we went to a metal detector before we can

come in to the building. I had to try to the metal detector three times because it keeps on beeping. First, I forgot that I was wearing my metal wrist watch. Second, I didn’t know that coins are considered as metal. Third, it was my belt.

The security officers were so nice. They directed us to the clerk’s office marriage licensing. When ...

• we were there, the clerk attended us instantly. They were always smiling on us, especially on me. They knew that I am from the Philippines and so they helped me with the filing of the application form.

We paid $20 for the marriage license. They advised us that it takes 33 processing days. Then, we went back to the courthouse after 33 days, with the same

procedure while we were entering the building.

The only disappointment we have experienced was when we reached our house and received a call from the courthouse clerk that they forgot to sign the marriage license. But, they were generous and polite enough to give us $10 for the gas. They were so sorry that we had to go back just because they forgot to sign the marriage license.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 252303641610531/k2311a0323/3.23.09