Gold Cup’s Chocolate Covered Caramel Popcorn  » Food  »
  • This at least would be more simply, I reasoned, and worth the bit extra it cost
  • The packaging was interesting because it was mostly dark brown, just like the candy inside
  • I think I'll buy another bag since it eliminated the hard work, doing the merging of the different candy for me

• by selphiealmasy8

For a while I have wondered what the two great snack foods of chocolate and caramel popcorn would taste like. I have a sweet tooth and a fondness for both of these sweet treats.

I saw a package of Gold Cup’s Chocolate Covered Caramel Popcorn in my local discount store and bought it. I was looking forward to tasting what a

manuafactured version of what it would taste like, having had to rely on putting a bite of a chocolate bar and a handful of caramel popcorn in my mouth at the same time. This at least would be more simply, I reasoned, and worth the bit extra it cost.

The package was 400g for about $3.00. The packaging was interesting because ...

• it was mostly dark brown, just like the candy inside. I don’t know if this catches the eye or is all that pleasing. Maybe a bright yellow package would have worked better.

The candy looked pretty well like what chocolate covered caramel popcorn would look like. When I tasted it I was a little taken aback. I don’t know what

it was but it was different from my other ventures into the world of chocolate and popcorn. It grew on me, however. It was pleasant and light and I could taste both the chocolate and the caramel which was good.

I think I’ll buy another bag since it eliminated the hard work, doing the merging of the different candy for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272303641450531/k2311a0323/3.23.09