Driclor- topical antiperspirant  » Medicine  »
  • Excessive sweating has always been my problem since I was a kid
  • I didn't mind it at first but lately it has become a nuisance already so I decided to try it out
  • Although it is quite expensive compared to other deodorants, I bought one from a drugstore
  • I applied it on my armpits every night for 1 week but I already noticed the effect on the third day
  • Overall, this product is definitely something worth trying out especially to those people with hyperhydrosis

• by jandi

Driclor was first introduced to me by my sister. Excessive sweating has always been my problem since I was a kid. I didn’t mind it at first but lately it has become a nuisance already so I decided to try it out. Although it is quite expensive compared

to other deodorants, I bought one from a drugstore. I applied it on my armpits every night for 1 week but I already noticed the effect on the third day. Even when I’m sweating a lot during hot and humid days, my armpits remained dry.

So what is Driclor exactly? Driclor is a topical antiperspirant which can be applied on the armpits, hands and feet where excessive sweating occur. It is composed of aluminum chloride hexahydrate. It is manufactured by Stiefel Laboratories Ltd.

The advice actually in the insert is to apply it once a day for ...

• Driclor- topical antiperspirant
      1 week. Afterwards, you can decrease the application to twice a week and then once a week. If sweating stops, then the roll-on application can be discontinued.

A minor side effect of Driclor is that it can cause irritation or redness. In my case, I experienced itchiness on my

armpits. But what you can do is to stop the application temporarily then resume once the itchiness stops.

I’m actually still using it since I noticed that a few days after I stopped, my armpits became sweaty again. Overall, this product is definitely something worth trying out especially to those people with hyperhydrosis.

mimi bongato says :

can my 10-year-old daughter use driclor? she has been sweating excessively whole body, even at normal temperature since she was a baby and it annoys her so much.

Galega says :

Hi Mimi,

Driclor contains Aluminium chloride Hexahydrate among others. If your child is not allergic to any of the ingredients then you can use it.

Remember to be there while your daughter is using it. Apply it only at armpit, hands or feet. Blocking of sweating from the entire body may be dangerous. You may also consult a doctor before using it, to remain safe.

sanjith says :

I want to know the availability of DRICLOR-toppical antiperspirant in india and is it available in every medical store in india. And if it is available then i would like to know the PRICE and its availability in Trivandrum District of Kerala, in India.

Galega says :

It should be available on major pharmacy shop. Please ask for it from Apollo Pharmacy near you.

Or, you can also buy it online. Here is an eBay India link selling the product (if this product is not available on this link, please make a search on eBay India, you will find it)

alvin john del socorro says :

where i can buy driclor in the philippines?

eae says :

at watson in malls.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262303641370531/k2311a0323/3.23.09