Ebay Scam  » Scam  »

• by Lynette
      This happened to me this week. I have a few item up on ebay and selling a few.

This week I got an email from someone wanting to know when my item #??? was going to expire (red flag) and asking if I would be willing to sale now instead of waiting for the auction to end.

There was a

link in the email to reply.

I sent it to Ebay and they immediately contacted me and told me never to click a link in an email.

They said it is a scam and the people can get your user information like paypal info and use it.

First of all, every item on Ebay has the ending time posted on ...

• it.

That was the first red flag to this message.

A couple of days later, I start getting these email from Ebay confirming listing of items I knew nothing about.

27 item of electronics and I was charged the listing fee for each one! Now I start getting questions from people bidding on these items! But Ebay caught the mistake

and pulled the items from auction sending me an appology for someone else using my info.

Bottom line is if you get an email from someone asking about an item #, make sure you actually have an item with that # before you answer them.

If you do not, then do not answer that email! They are ‘phishing’ for your info!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 60160664120130/k2311a0616/6.16.06