Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core
  • Crisis core was a totally different for me due to my experience only with Playstation 2
  • Overall, this is one the best ways of fighting I have encountered in the series
  • For example, you can actually exceed the typical HP limit of 9999 and the damage limit of 9999, which was interesting
  • This game is kind of like a supplement to Final Fantasy 7, so I recommend that you play Final Fantasy 7 before you play Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core
  • I enjoyed it a lot and I hope that you will too

• by kaorusango

Crisis core was a totally different for me due to my experience only with Playstation 2. This initially was my biggest complaint since I couldn’t play it because I couldn’t afford it. However, I was lucky enough to find a friend who let me borrow her PSP to play this game. At that point, I was glad it was available only in PSP, or I would never have gotten to try it. The fighting is totally different from typical Final Fantasy games because instead of attacking by clicking on the button to wait for your turn, you just click ‘X’ and you can hit the enemy. Other cool features are blocking and dodging by rolling. This

is a more intense way of battling and really draws you into the game. Overall, this is one the best ways of fighting I have encountered in the series. The magic and equipment are somewhat similar to other final fantasy games but some are new. For example, you can actually exceed the typical HP limit of 9999 and the damage limit of 9999, which was interesting.

Also, a new feature I must mention are the missions. There are approximately 300 missions that are perfect for collecting new, valuable items and leveling up characters. They also include a bit of storyline and in general make the game more challenging. Speaking of challenging, the game has two modes: normal ...

• and difficult. I was afraid that difficult would be too hard but it turned out to be relatively easy since I really got high on levels, equipment and materia through the missions. Coming back to the missions, I have only one complaint about them. They get really repetitive. The backgrounds change once in the while. However, usually it is pretty much the same thing over and over again.

Now, moving to the characters. The character is Zack. I personally adore his character and think that he has a great sense of humor. He is easy to like and great to have as the main character. The other characters that are pretty interesting are Sephiroth and Genesis.

They are truly fascinating because they have such interesting histories that you really tend you respect them a little. Overall, the characters are very nice.

The storyline is not very exciting if you haven’t played Final Fantasy 7. This game is kind of like a supplement to Final Fantasy 7, so I recommend that you play Final Fantasy 7 before you play Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core.

Overall, it isn’t a bad game if you are more interested in gameplay than the story. Also, it is a great way to learn more about the background of different characters introduced in Final Fantasy 7, like Sephiroth. I enjoyed it a lot and I hope that you will too!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282203640960331/k2311a0322/3.22.09