The Westin Hotel in Long Beach, CA  » Hotels  »
333 East Ocean Blvd, Long Beach CA 90802
  • I was impressed by the fact that the Westin let us buy a room at the late hour we arrived, which was around 2 AM, and was also impressed by its clean, comfortable, and well-groomed interiors
  • I found this to be better service than I have received at even larger hotels, who tend to give you a strange look if you come in past a certain time, or do not accept check-ins past a certain time
  • When we arrived in the room, it was clean, spacious, and had no signs of being used, which is something I think all hotels should strive for
  • Additionally, I greatly enjoyed the view of Downtown Long Beach, which was courtesy of how high the room was in the hotel tower
  • Overall, this was a pleasant experience, if only because they allowed us to check in, without reservation, at such a late hour

• by Reed

I stayed at the Westin late one night after a friend’s birthday party. I was impressed by the fact that the Westin let us buy a room at the late hour we arrived, which was around 2 AM, and was also impressed by its clean, comfortable, and well-groomed interiors. However, I was distressed by the lack of a refrigerator, and, subsequently, that they had no alcohol, sodas, or other drinks for purchase within the room. Additionally, I felt that Room Service was closed far too early.

When we arrived at the Westin, which, again, was well past 2 AM, the man behind the desk was helpful, and friendly.

He immediately allowed my companion to book a room immediately, without question, with a credit card. I found this to be better service than I have received at even larger hotels, who tend to give you a strange look if you come in past a certain time, or do not accept check-ins past a certain time. Therefore, I was very impressed by this aspect of their service. Additionally, I found the lobby to be immaculate, and well-ventilated, which is important for me because I have allergies. When we arrived in the room, it was clean, spacious, and had no signs of being used, which is something I ...

• think all hotels should strive for. Additionally, I greatly enjoyed the view of Downtown Long Beach, which was courtesy of how high the room was in the hotel tower. Long Beach’s skyline looks amazing at night, with the skyscrapers and harbor, and in the morning you can see the ocean from the hotel, which I always find relaxing.

I was disappointed, however, by the fact that there was no refrigerator in our room. I am accustomed to going to hotels that provide refrigerators, both to put my own drinks in and keep cool, but also, moreover, I was most distressed by the fact that we could not purchase

any drinks already within the refrigerator. The Westin is an upscale type of hotel, and I think they should strongly consider implementing a refrigerator and drink purchasing feature in their rooms, as other hotels of their calibre already do so. Finally, we were hungry, and were greeted with a rude desk attendant (obviously someone different than the one we had checked in with) on the phone who told us that Room Service closed at 9 PM. I found this far too early for Room Service to cease operations.

Overall, this was a pleasant experience, if only because they allowed us to check in, without reservation, at such a late hour.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22203640560331/k2311a0322/3.22.09