Rovinj Croatia  » Travel  »
  • I had always dreamed of visiting the Adriatic Coast and I was not disappointed
  • I would recommend the local special, a medley of fish, crab and mussels

• by Rebekah Joy

Recently, I got a chance to visit Croatia. I had always dreamed of visiting the Adriatic Coast and I was not disappointed. However there were a few surprises in store for me and one of them was the Rovinj.

I stumbled upon the beautiful little town by surprise. Our local bus just went past it and we stopped.

I ended up spending

four days there, I only wish I had longer. The place is simply awesome and as I walked the ancient cobbled streets I wondered if I could live there.

I never ran out of things to do or see. To visit is a treat for the eyes and taste buds.

I ate tasty cheap pizzas and homemade ice cream. I think the ...

• food in this town is amazing.

I went to numerous places and was never disappointed. I would recommend the local special, a medley of fish, crab and mussels.

The seafood stew with exquisite mussel sauce is also well worth trying. One evening after an early dinner we asked some locals what to do and it became our highlight.

Located in the centre

of the village is the grand St. Euphemia church spire.

We climbed at sunset and watched the terracotta roofs below. We also swam in the brilliant blue sea and I saw the most beautiful fields of scarlet windswept poppies.

The people are friendly, there is so much to do. I just loved this little town and give it 8 out of 10 for beauty alone.

Rovinj Croatia

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382203640350231/k2311a0322/3.22.09