NJ Transit  » Railway  »
  • I know that IO have has to ask before so that I knew I was getting onto the correct train and only one time did I get a rude response

• by Razcal2267

Normally NJ Transit is on top or on top of making announcements about a train being late. The Conductor and ticket agents are rather friendly and helpful also. Sometimes I feel like I am their therapist though because they will tell me about all the complains they have about people asking them the same questions over and over such as “where is my train?” It might just be me but wouldn’t it help telling the person you are asking what train you are looking for? I know that IO have has to ask before so that I knew I was getting onto the correct train and only

one time did I get a rude response. One time in seven years is not bad at all in my book.

This past week though my trip was anything but pleasant. I was waiting for the 12:58 pm train from Radburn to NY Penn Station. Around 11:45 one of people also waiting for the train pointed out that he could see the lights for the train coming. A few minutes later we hear an announcement saying that the train will be on time. Twenty some odd minutes later we are still staring at the light for the train and it hasn’t moved much at all. We couldn’t ...

• figure anything but that the train was stuck. It proved not to be the case after another fifteen or so minutes. The train finally arrived and a conductor gets off to tell us he is sorry but the blasted train (his words) can go no faster then ten miles an hour so it is going to take a long time to get into the city. Most of us chose to not get on that train and wait for the 1:58 pm one because someone was smart enough to ask if the next train will be able to pass them on another track and the guy said yes.

What

he didn’t tell us was that the second train COULD pass but wouldn’t. Of course we did not find this out until we were already on the second train and had stopped. One of the guys collecting tickets told us we were going to be awhile because we were stuck behind another train. A few of us spoke up and asked if it was the train that was the hour before us. After we explained what happened he told us that he didn’t know anything about it and we need to just calm down. Over four hours later we finally arrived in the city sill with no explanation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 442203640290231/k2311a0322/3.22.09