Claritin Allergy + Sinuse 12 hour tablets
1.5
  • I have, for the past 5 summers used Claritin, until recently I bought another brand, ran out and went back to Claritin
  • Bottom line, I don't think combining and allergy pill with a sinus medication was a good idea
  • The sinus's improved pretty quickly but I believe it diminished the effects of the allergy component

• by Melissa Glenn
      I suffer from terrible seasonal allergies. Grass being cut, pollen, smog or pesticides can give me terrible bouts of sneezing, and make my sinus’s become so full it feels like my head will explode. I have, for the past 5 summers used Claritin, until recently I bought another brand, ran out and went back to Claritin.

This Claritin is the Claritin Allergy + Sinus 12 hour tablets which comes in a box of 10 and sells for $9. 99CDN + tax.

Not the cheapest brand of allergy

medication, but one with a good name and one I had used before. Usually I bought the Claritin 24hours but decided to try this 12 hour Allergy + Sinus.

I should not have bought this product. First of all these ‘tablet’s were the same size as an M & M candy and were difficult to swallow.

I had to use almost 2 glasses of water to get it down, as it lodged itself in my throat. Usually with Claritin I begin to feel better about an ...

• hour after taking it.

With this 12 hour brand, after one hour the pressure in my sinuses had diminished by half, but the promised allergy relief i. e no sneezing and coughing didn’t come for another 2 hours.

Additonally I felt quite weak and drained taking this Claritin and sleepy despite its non-drowsy formula. Finally I telephoned Claritin and asked why it took so long to get any relief from my allergy symptoms.

All I got from customer service was that ‘everyone reacts differently’ blah blah. Bottom

line, I don’t think combining and allergy pill with a sinus medication was a good idea.

The sinus’s improved pretty quickly but I believe it diminished the effects of the allergy component. This was certainly how I felt, and less than 12 hours of taking this Claritin I was exhibiting all the signs of allergies again.

I did not take another one! I waited and suffered through another 12 hours until I could take an alternative allergy medication!

Don’t buy this type of Claritin! Unless all you are looking for is sinus relief!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26150663980430/k2311a0615/6.15.06