Panasonic DMR-ES10S DIGA Series DVD Recorder  » Electronics  »
2.5
  • I was happy once more because I had received a new one and I began using it
  • I decided that I was not going to spend money to have it fixed or replaced because if this happened twice to me, odds were it would happen again and I was not willing to take the chance

• by GenesisOne

I had been using this DVD recorder for about a year I would say and up until then, I had been pretty happy with it. I had experienced a few sporadic problems that seemed to come and go on there own, like it would not always detect a DVD when I first put it in. I would have to eject the tray and then hit the button again for the tray to go back in. On the second try, it would never fail, the DVD would load and I would be all set to go.

Then I started to hear noises that I had not heard before. Some odd noises that sounded long and drawn out. This would

occur when I first hit the power button to turn it on or turn it off.

It sounded like the recorder was “struggling” to power up and down. Now this would not always happen, but when it did, the recorder still worked fine. I did not get any error messages or crashes.

Then, after I had been using the recorder for about a year, all of a sudden it stopped working. It just went dead on me one day. Of course, I tried all the basic troubleshooting techniques like checking the connections, switching power plugs and so on, but nothing brought it back to life.

It was under warranty so Panasonic provided me with a new one. I ...

• was happy once more because I had received a new one and I began using it. This time, about a year and a few months went by and the same thing happened to me! It just suddenly died.

This time though, the warranty had already expired. I decided that I was not going to spend money to have it fixed or replaced because if this happened twice to me, odds were it would happen again and I was not willing to take the chance. Maybe I just had some bad luck or maybe there is some flaw in the recorder.

I do not know. I will say however that I will not purchase another one of these again.

I want a recorder that is going to last me a lot longer than just a year or a year and a few months.

It does not matter how well it works or how easy it is to use during that year or year and a few months. Had this recorder continued to work fine, I would have rated it highly because it was a very simple recorder that captured audio and visual in a quality that was pretty impressive. Plus, it did not take up a lot of space in terms of height or width, another thing that I did like.

It is a real shame that the life of these things does not seem to be very long.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161903639600931/k2311a0319/3.19.09