Moundville Telephone Company  » General services  »
1.5
  • When I have had problems, they come look at my house and tell me they can not see a problem, then leave

• by Lynette
      I have been a customer of this phone company for many years. I have not always had good service from them.

They were very slow in getting internet service for their customers.

We have had internet service for only about 4

years.

Their service men are not the brightest.

When I have had problems, they come look at my house and tell me they can not see a problem, then leave.

I have personally reported them to the Public Services Commission in ...

• our state capital.

We have only 1 choice for internet server, this phone company.

If we so choose to use another company, we can dial in to the other server, but if the 3 digit exchange is different from the 1

in this phone company, there is a long distance charge.

This company is one of the very few independently owned phone companies in the country.

If I had a choice of phone companies to use I most certainly would not use them.

Julia says :

It is ridiculous that Moundville Telephone Company has a monopoly on phone service. All my life I thought we had the freedom to choose in the US until I moved to Moundville, AL. I live in Moundville City limits, but Im in Tuscaloosa County. If I want home phone service I have to use their service. They tell you rates are comparable to AT T, maybe so if you only use AT T for phone service. We are in 2013, bigger companies allow bundling. I’m seriously frustrated with this situation.

Jules Li says :

Julia, it’s essentially the same situation where I am. ATT has purchased most of the smaller companies, which means there’s not much competition. Also in smaller towns some companies don’t have the infrastructure there to offer service.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 25150663930430/k2311a0615/6.15.06