Pedigree Good Bites
  • The problem is that one of these does not make for a happy big dog
  • I believe it's a good product and a healthy one for my pets, but it could use some improvement in the sizing area

• by Orrymain

Pedigree Good Bites is a new product from Pedigree that I recently tried with my two dogs. There are actually three varieties — oral care, multi vitamin, and hip & joint. The one I tried was the multi vitamin package.

Pedigree says that

these Good Bites contains essential vitamins and minerals that help to complete a proper nutritional balance for our pets. They come in a savory beef flavor in a package that is labeled ‘for all sized adult dogs’. I bring that up because these things are pretty small. I suppose if the concept is that these are supposed to be like vitamin pills that humans take, so are very small, then it works.

The problem is that one of these does not make for a happy big ...

• Pedigree Good Bites
      dog; that is, for a real treat, my dogs want more, and more, and more.

Now, the girls did love them. They happily gobbled them up and were begging for more.

However, even from a handling perspective, I wish they were a little bit bigger.

Maybe they need to create different sizes. After all, an adult beagle is a lot different from an adult shepherd.

I believe it’s a good product and a healthy one for my pets, but it could use some improvement in the sizing area.

quick note by anonymous :

I have given these treats to my dogs. they love them. However…my 10 yr old dog developed thyroid cancer and now my 4 yr dog has it. Thyroid cancer in dogs can be caused by a diet high in iodine…in good bites Potassium Iodine is present and it is 33 times stronger than iodine….so be careful. I have no proof, but a 4 yr old dog getting Thyroid cancer is unusual.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291903639280831/k2311a0319/3.19.09