Robert Picardo  » People  »
2.5
  • I agree that he's very good at what he does
  • My problem is that I had one occasion where I met him at a fan convention, and I just felt like he was giving lip service
  • My experience has shaded my opinion of him

• by Orrymain

You’ve seen him everywhere, or so it seems. Indeed, at one point, actor Robert Picardo has even appeared on two shows at once. That’s how I first learned who he was. I was a fan of both The Wonder Years, where he portrayed the gym instructor, and China Beach, on which he had a bigger role as the chief surgeon.

The two characters were vastly different, and

it showed the range that Robert Picardo could play. Then along came Star Trek: Voyager. This role was greatly different from The Wonder Years and China Beach, and it was his biggest success. In more recent times, he had a recurring part on Stargate SG-1 and then took that role to a full-time role on SG-1’s spin-off.

Clearly, Robert Picardo can act. He’s just never stopped ...

• working, and shows welcome him back. I agree that he’s very good at what he does. My problem is that I had one occasion where I met him at a fan convention, and I just felt like he was giving lip service. He was going from table to table, spending a little bit of time with the fans, but it felt forced. He wasn’t really
        looking at us or listening to us. It just left me cold. I’ve heard the same thing from a couple of other folks who have met him at other events, too, so I don’t really know what to think of the man. My experience has shaded my opinion of him. He just wasn’t present.

Robert Picardo: good actor, but maybe not so great with fans.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521903639030831/k2311a0319/3.19.09