Laurence Fishburne
  • I had never forgotten that portrayal, and the few times I noticed Laurence Fishburne on another show, that's where my went, back to Josh Hall
  • He definitely showed off his acting chops, even at that early age

• by Orrymain

I imagine that most folks know Laurence Fishburne from his Oscar nominated roll in What’s Love Got to Do with It. In this exceptionally well-played performance, he played musician Ike Turner, husband of phenom Tina Turner. He got my attention then, too, except I was just shaking my head at how far Larry Fishburne had

come.

The role I most closely associate with him actually goes back to his beginnings on network television, when he played a wise-cracking street kid on the soap opera, One Life to Live. His character of Josh was very different for its day, and he excelled at it. Josh had an unhappy start, but he ended up being adopted and presumably, going on to live a happy and successful life. I had never forgotten that portrayal, and the few times I noticed Laurence Fishburne on another show, that’s where my went, back to Josh Hall. He definitely showed off his acting chops, even at that early age.

Nowadays, the man is taking ...

• Laurence Fishburne
      on a new challenge, replacing William Peterson on CSI. What is good about his role is that he really isn’t replacing Peterson’s character. His is that of a novice to the team. He’s not even getting the big office on the show, and he’s not the team leader. That was smart on the part
      of the powers that be. It just might give him, and the show, a chance to continue.

Laurence Fishburne has proven himself to be a talented actor. I have high hopes for him on CSI, but even now, when I see him, I still think of Josh Hall, the rebellious teenager on my favorite soap at the time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521903639020831/k2311a0319/3.19.09