McCormick California Style Garlic Powder
1.5
  • Unfortunately, that's not what I wanted to do with the product
  • It's just a frustrating and annoying top for me, and that's a problem I noramlly don't have with spices and such

• by Orrymain

Anything garlic is normally a winner with me, but I’m not a big fan of McCormick California Style Garlic Powder. This garlic powder comes with parsley and contains no MSG.

Packaging-wise, the plastic container is adequate with a colorful wrapper that drew my attention. It has a big green cap that can be easily removed to empty out the McCormick California Style

Garlic Powder in whole or large increments. Unfortunately, that’s not what I wanted to do with the product.

What I didn’t like was how difficult it was the open the very top of that green lid so that you can just sprinkle out a small amount of the powder for various individual uses. It just doesn’t open and close well for me ...

• and because it lacks the normal plastic filter, when I open it, I often end up have sprinkles of the garlic powder falling to the table. It’s just a frustrating and annoying top for me, and that’s a problem I noramlly don’t have with spices and such.

The label says ‘the taste you trust’, and admittedly, I normally do love McCormick products, but

for some reason, I’m not fond of their garlic powder. I still am not sure why. I’m wondering if it’s the ‘California style’, though I’m not sure exactly what makes it ‘California style’. It mentions something about ‘coarse grind blend’, and perhaps that’s my problem. Again, I just don’t know. I only know I won’t be repeating the purchase.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271903639000831/k2311a0319/3.19.09