Pillsbury Biscuits - Buttermilk
  • I'm not sure if it's just being an oldie now that I prefer something fancier, of it it's because they've changed the recipe and it just doesn't equal up to the taste I loved in the past
  • With the trend towards healthier foods and calories, companies are altering ingredients, and it does come at a cost to taste sometimes

• by Orrymain

This is another product that has long been in use in my household — Pillsbury Biscuits - Buttermilk. Nowadays, I usually buy the value pack of four rolls. It’s still available as individual units that equal about 12 biscuits, and it’s also sold in a smaller, single-help serving of six biscuits or thereabouts.

I actually

preferred these buttermilk biscuits better when I was younger. I’m not sure if it’s just being an oldie now that I prefer something fancier, of it it’s because they’ve changed the recipe and it just doesn’t equal up to the taste I loved in the past.

With the trend towards healthier foods and calories, companies are ...

• altering ingredients, and it does come at a cost to taste sometimes. I can’t say for sure, but I do believe something has been altered here.

Pillsbury Biscuits - Buttermilk are 50 calories each with no trans fat. When they’re piping hot, they’re at their best. They do cool down quickly, though, so whenever

I have them, I oftentimes will eat them first, just to make sure I’m getting the quality I prefer.

Pillsbury has a big variety of other biscuits they now offer, including bigger versions of these buttermilk biscuits.

Pillsbury Biscuits - Buttermilk is still a breakfast staple in my house, though it’s one eaten much more sparingly these days.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271903638970831/k2311a0319/3.19.09