Martin Sheen  » People  »
  • Whether or not you agree with his activism, he hasn't let being a celebrity interfere with doing what he feels is right
  • Today, there are probably a lot of people who think of him more as Charlie Sheen's dad, or maybe even as the father of Emilio Estevez, but for me, I've grown up watching Martin Sheen, and I like him just fine for being just Martin Sheen
  • I think the first thing he did that really got to me was his very emotional portrayal of the title character in The Execution of Private Slovik
  • I love that movie to pieces, and his role was my favorite
  • I believe him to be a fairly good role model and someone who can be counted on in a pinch

• by Orrymain

He’s certainly not afraid to speak his mind, and I have to applaud Martin Sheen for that. Whether or not you agree with his activism, he hasn’t let being a celebrity interfere with doing what he feels is right. The man actually has an arrest record for standing up for what he believes.

Today, there are probably a lot of people who think of him more as Charlie Sheen’s dad, or maybe even as the father of Emilio Estevez, but for me, I’ve grown up watching Martin Sheen, and I like him just fine for being just Martin Sheen.

Like many, he did a decade of rounds

in early television before beginning to make his true mark. I think the first thing he did that really got to me was his very emotional portrayal of the title character in The Execution of Private Slovik. That was a passionate and conflicting part that really affected those who watched it.

He really reeled me in two years after that, when he played Robert F. Kennedy in The Missiles of October, one of my favorite tv movies. He was very good in the role, perhaps because he was a Kennedy fan and it was important for him to do the job well. A decade ...

• or more later, he played John F. Kennedy in Kennedy, and he was awesome in that, too. He was made to play the Kennedys. He did both movies with caring and passion, and it showed.

The height of my enjoyment for Martin Sheen was probably the movie The Final Countdown. I love that movie to pieces, and his role was my favorite. I also just loved his look in that so much. He played off of Kirk Douglas and James Farentino, and I was impressed with how it came of.

Of course, the most recent performance that was hit for the masses was The

West Wing, where Martin Sheen again played a president. I thought it was very well done, and he did an excellent job with it.

Today, he’s still going strong, acting in a number of movies. For me, I appreciate the man’s talent and have enjoyed so many of his roles. I applaud his willingness to follow his liberal beliefs, even if I don’t always agree with him. I believe him to be a fairly good role model and someone who can be counted on in a pinch. He certainly helped his son, Charlie, through some very trying times.

I’m eager to see what’s next for Martin Sheen.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521903638880831/k2311a0319/3.19.09