Claudia Black  » People  »
2.5
  • Frankly, I was just never that impressed with the show or the actors
  • I believe in laughter, so that must be a good thing
  • Unfortunately, I'm not drawn to her at all, and now with the distaste of the Vala character from SG-1 in my mouth, I just don't see myself ever becoming a fan

• by Orrymain

Most people probably know Claudia Black from her role opposite Ben Browder in the science fiction show, Farscape. This particular series was a bit too far out for me, though because of reruns, I’ve probably seen all of the episodes. Frankly, I was just never that impressed with the show or the actors.

Then Claudia Black was signed to appear in one episode of Stargate SG-1. It was a feisty

show, and she impressed the powers that be and Michael Shanks, a series regular. The next thing that happened, is that Claudia was asked to appear on four episodes, which became five, while SG-1 regular Amanda Tapping was on maternity leave. From that, she was asked to become a regular and did appear on the last two seasons of the show, as well as being in one of the two straight-to-DVD movies that have been made.

Claudia Black once did an interview where she said she hoped her character wasn’t the cause of the ending of SG-1. Alas, I believe it was. Her character was vulgar and prompted almost a complete, and unrealistic, overhaul of the Daniel Jackson character. It upset so many folks that they stopped watching the show. Her character was considered forced on us by many,

• Claudia Black
      and more hated than loved the relationship that developed between Vala and Daniel.

While some Farscape fans did begin watching SG-1 because both Claudia Black and Ben Browder joined the cast, so many left that the show declined in ratings and did get canceled. I am one of those who believe that without the addition of Claudia Black to the cast, the show might still be on today.

Claudia is an average actress

in my view. As a person, I’ve only heard good things about her. Michael Shanks adores her and her sense of humor, as do the powers that be that hired her. I believe in laughter, so that must be a good thing.

Unfortunately, I’m not drawn to her at all, and now with the distaste of the Vala character from SG-1 in my mouth, I just don’t see myself ever becoming a fan.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521903638830831/k2311a0319/3.19.09