Corin Nemec  » People  »
2.0
  • In his teens, Corin Nemec splashed onto the scene with a very respectable performance in the true story, 'I Know my First Name is Steven where he played the leading role of Steven Stayner, who had been kidnapped as a young boy
  • While he worked quite a bit, I don't think the popularity really boosted his career much
  • Unfortunately for Corin, Michael's fans weren't happy about his departure, and the powers that be did a horrid job of introducing Corin's character
  • Even though I didn't like Corin Nemec's character on SG-1, I was hoping that he'd be of higher quality than the man has turned out to be, in my opinion
  • While I had high hopes for the Corin who did such a great job in the Steven Stayner movie, I am highly disappointed in the man that Corin became

• by Orrymain

In his teens, Corin Nemec splashed onto the scene with a very respectable performance in the true story, ‘I Know my First Name is Steven” where he played the leading role of Steven Stayner, who had been kidnapped as a young boy. Steven became a hero when his abductor took yet a second boy years later, and he bravely took the boy to the police. Corin’s portrayal of Steven was wonderful. I was riveted by his insightful performance.

Corin, originally known by the childhood nickname of Corky, had a good round of popularity at that point. While he worked quite a bit, I don’t think the popularity really boosted his career much. He was a solid, working teenage actor.

Several

years later, now an adult and having left the ‘Corky’ nickname behind, Corin Nemec got a break. He was cast as the new addition on Stargate SG-1 after Michael Shanks left the show. Unfortunately for Corin, Michael’s fans weren’t happy about his departure, and the powers that be did a horrid job of introducing Corin’s character. In fact, they made his character *responsible* for the apparent death of Shanks’ character. It really was a ridiculous introduction.

Corin only lasted one season. It was clear very early on Michael would be coming back. This is where we see a bit of the negative side of Corin, though it wasn’t revealed for a couple of years yet. Reportedly, well after his last appearance on SG-1, there was an incident at a convention where one of Corin’s scripts was being auctioned off. Perhaps, he should have used better judgment in his offering, though I’m sure he didn’t count on one of the regular cast members picking up the script and thumbing through it.

As the story goes, another cast member became aware of something odd and walked over to see what was so intriguing about the script. The next thing you know, Michael walked over and saw it himself. Uh, it wasn’t a nice remark, and it involved Michael. From that moment on, one of these cast members who had previously talked nicely about Corin, more or less began to ...

• Corin Nemec
      shut him out and actually said that he doubted Corin would ever be back on the show. He’s right; he hasn’t been. While we all get frustrated by life’s events, Corin exhibited a lack of restraint and class here, and then he topped that off by donating a script with that comment in there. Reportedly, that page was removed from the script and then sold ‘as is’.

Then there was another situation where Corin had agreed to be at one convention. People had made plans and bought tickets. He then backed out after being offered another, more profitable convention to go to, thereby showing that money means more than promises and fans.

Even though I didn’t like Corin Nemec’s character

on SG-1, I was hoping that he’d be of higher quality than the man has turned out to be, in my opinion. As an addendum, when Michael did come back, and Corin was on the first two episodes of season 7, the two got along just fine, so at least Corin didn’t let his feelings affect what he did on the set.

I will add that before the script incident, Corin did return for one guest appearance, which was actually a pretty good show. So, he may have really done himself in with his previous bad judgment.

While I had high hopes for the Corin who did such a great job in the Steven Stayner movie, I am highly disappointed in the man that Corin became.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521903638820831/k2311a0319/3.19.09