Jimmy Dean Premium Regular Sausage
  • Now that was sausage -- spicy and the best ever
  • My parents were equally impressed and continued to purchase it, in lieu of former family favorites
  • It's definitely something best used for meatloaf and other similar dishes

• by Orrymain

When country singer Jimmy Dean first began to market his sausage, the original product was his premium sausage. Nothing was microwaved or conveniently sized in those days, so it was just the basic product.

Jimmy Dean Premium Regular Sausage is a roll sausage that comes in a sixteen-ounce size, and a couple of larger, family size rolls.

I remember the first time I had it

as a kid. Wow! Now that was sausage — spicy and the best ever. My parents were equally impressed and continued to purchase it, in lieu of former family favorites.

Aside from just eating sausage patties, my favorite use of Jimmy Dean Premium Regular Sausage was when my dad made meatloaf with it. Now that was meatloaf, the way I truly love it. It added the perfect zest to the hamburger to make it a desired meal in a big way. This roll sausage is made for this type of use, as an ingredient in larger dishes.

I really don’t like using the roll sausage for regular breakfast meals because it’s just too messy for that. You have to cut open the package and ...

• Jimmy Dean Premium Regular Sausage
      slice it, and while that sounds easy, with a squishy roll, it just isn’t that much fun. Plus, the roll packaging has no type of reseal for it, meaning that you have to stick it in a ziplock bag or something similar to keep it fresh, unless you use the entire package in one outing.

Jimmy Dean Premium Regular Sausage is as tasty as

ever. I had it again just recently and was reminded of how wonderful it tastes, but also how difficult it is to use it for the purposes of individual sausage patties. It’s definitely something best used for meatloaf and other similar dishes.

It’s still quality. Jimmy Dean definitely knew how to make a premium product, and the company has continued that tasty consistency over the decades.

Sheila Morrow says :

re : Now that was sausage — spicy and the best ever
I have been purchasing Jimmy Dean snack sized biscuit and sausages (20 count)for a year or longer. This last box I bought was horrible. The biscuits have changed and are dry. The sausage is bland and doesn’t have the good smell of sausage. I am really disappointed. I will not be purchasing them anymore.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271903638300731/k2311a0319/3.19.09