Robert Redford
  • I remember seeing him just shine in one of my favorite films, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

• by Orrymain

Robert Redford has had a very respectful and successful career. I remember seeing him just shine in one of my favorite films, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. While I was mainly a Paul Newman fan, Redford’s terrific take on the Sundance Kid was a definite lure. I should know. I saw this movie over 125 times in the movie theater.

There was a time, early on, when some folks said that Redford wasn’t strong enough to carry a movie on his own. A lot of his starring roles were alongside other established movie draws, like Barbra Streisand. Those movies are probably his biggest successes, but Robert

Redford has a long string of wonderful movies.

Three Days of the Condor continues to mystify me. It’s a thriller that still scares me when I watch it. The Candidate hits the political arean darn hard, and he does a great job in a role that welcomes debate. Jeremiah Johnson is another favorite of mine, and who can forget All the President’s Men, one of the most dramatic films of the seventies.

In more recent times, my favorite movie of Redford’s was Spy Game. It was unpredictable and so much fun.

I’ve never met Robert Redford, but I’ve been to Sundance, back before it was as known as it is today.

• I used to walk the grounds and just enjoy the majesty of the green and the peace of nature. Redford gave us all a gift with Sundance, the place.

Then there’s Sundance, the widely successful film fest for independent filmmakers. It started with a few movies, and now it’s one of the year’s most anticipated events. In a sense, it’s outgrown the man, and I’m not sure if that’s good or bad.

Robert Redford is a private man who is deeply dedicated and devoted to preserving the land and our environment, while also caring about the integrity of films. He has, from time to time, done unannounced lectures at

Brigham Young University, which is located near Sundance.

Redford is a serious man and an intelligent one. He has a history of roles that make us think and require us to pay attention, versus just munching on popcorn and cuddling with a loved him.

Robert Redford’s made a solid contribution to film. Even his portrayal on television as Death in an episode of The Twilight Zone is memorable. While he’s had success starring opposite Newman, Streisand, Jane Fonda, Dustin Hoffman, Demi Moore, Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep, and a long list of other A-names, the man doesn’t need to rely on others to be a success. A look at his credits will confirm that.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521903638250731/k2311a0319/3.19.09