OnTel Products Deluxe Gopher Pickup and Reaching Tool  » Housewares  »
1.0
  • That's the theory, and in reality, that's been my happy experience with the other brand
  • I noticed it right away upon receiving the pair

• by Orrymain

Having already been a satisfied customer of another brand of reacher, I ordered the Deluxe Gopher Pickup and Reaching Tool some time back. Actually, I purchased two of these.

This item has a red handle and silver parts. It’s made to extend the user’s reach by three feet, making it easier to both remove items and put items on selves, or to pick things up off the floor. Using the Deluxe Gopher Pickup and Reaching Tool would help with nasty garbage, toys, watering plants, getting under furniture, changing

light bulbs, and so much more. That’s the theory, and in reality, that’s been my happy experience with the other brand.

The plus of this particular product from OnTel Products is that it folds in two for easier storage. That works pretty well. What was sometimes difficult was locking it in its straight position. All it took was pressing a black button, but that wasn’t as easy as it sounds. That button often just didn’t want to be pushed.

The Deluxe Gopher Pickup and Reaching Tool is cheap.

• The materials are nowhere near the heftiness of its competitor, and it shows. I noticed it right away upon receiving the pair.

Worse, though, is that I’ve had the same thing happen to both of these OnTel products — the rubber ends have broken and fallen off, for practically no reason at all. On the first one, I was outside and simply gripped a small basket when the rubber end on one side just bounced off, rendering the Deluxe Gopher Pickup and Reaching Tool unusable. Some time

later, I had the second reacher just sitting in my hallway. I picked it up to use it, and bam, off it went.

So, while the Deluxe Gopher Pickup and Reaching Tool worked to an extent, it’s low quality, and unlike its competitor which is years old and continues to work, these two have been a major disappointment. They are, to be blunt, very poorly made and I would advise against getting them. I desperately need to replace these two reachers, but there’s no way I’ll be buying from OnTel again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531903638000631/k2311a0319/3.19.09